Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I recently upgraded from a V-Star 950 to a Stratoliner. I was really pleased to come across this web site/forum as I've got a few questions for the more experienced Strat owners. I look forward to corresponding with you good folks.
thomasr
(Rex)

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome from where ever i may be:D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome. Except for a beverage holder and driver's backrest my scoot still loooks pretty much like the Star advertisement, but enhancements are coming. I'll still post a pic when I get a chance.

Guess I should have included this in the first post, but anyway....I hale from the middle Gergia area and I'm a 29.5 year vet of the USAF currently working for the DoD. Happy to meet y'all.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Great upgrade. You're going to love your 'Liner. I know I love mine. :) Oh, and thank you for your service. :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hey thomasr! Glad you found us. If you should happen to find any expirenced Strat owners here, please point them out! There are others in our midst that should also draw on their expertise! :):)

btw -- thank you for protecting our country and keeping it the beautiful place we get to ride in!

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Hello fellow Air Forcian. I'm also a retired 29.0 year CAF vet.

Now for my nasty side :mad:. The book of newb states that " all retired AF Vets shall post pics of thier ride faster than a F-22 can fly" This info can be found on page 4598 of chap 111 sub para f18 sub sub a4. Now a good Af guy would have known this cause he would've read the book of newb and posted a pic on the first go. :D

Welcome to our fun house. WE may have people here that know a thing or two about your ride; if not we'll fake it good ;). Thanks for your service; what a great ride that was.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello fellow Air Forcian. I'm also a retired 29.0 year CAF vet.

Now for my nasty side :mad:. The book of newb states that " all retired AF Vets shall post pics of thier ride faster than a F-22 can fly" This info can be found on page 4598 of chap 111 sub para f18 sub sub a4. Now a good Af guy would have known this cause he would've read the book of newb and posted a pic on the first go. :D

Welcome to our fun house. WE may have people here that know a thing or two about your ride; if not we'll fake it good ;). Thanks for your service; what a great ride that was.

Yeah, I kind of figured I had that coming about the pic after reading a few other new-guy posts. Mine is still kind of out of the box still so it looks like any other dark-cherry Stratoliner-S. But, just this evening I finished installing my Cobra fuel pack and my D&D slip on muffler..already had the K&N on. WOW! changed the whole attitude of the bike. I got caught in the rain coming home today...combine that with the awful Georgia pollen we're having and the ride is hardly picture worthy at the moment. Thanks for the welcome and I'll try and do better.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome to the forum fellow liner rider.Don't listen to bevo he's been in the sun too long.Pics would be nice.So you say it's dark cherry,that's one speed slower than my strat cause everyone knows that the gray liners are the fastest.Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'd say you downgraded from a 950 to a strat

Wow....I was very fond of my 950...wish I could have kept it...but the Strat is in a whole other league. The big league! Maybe we can get together one day and you can take it for a spin and then you'll see what I mean.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Don't be offended, different strokes for different folks. For instance, a petite lady would not go buy larger clothes that wouldn't fit.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don't be offended, different strokes for different folks. For instance, a petite lady would not go buy larger clothes that wouldn't fit.
Oh I'm not offended at all :). How boring would that be if everybody rode the same bike? Everybody I work with are HD fans so in that circle I'm (happily) the black sheep. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts