Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had numerous Road Warriors of the years and just bought an 11' Stratoliner!!! Love the bike. She has a PC3, Hard Krome Straights and a nice upgrade in audio with Blue Tooth added. Need some advice on lowering the beast a little and hear lots about either A: Adding a 200/50/17 tire, B: Lowering links which are 1.75" or using the new Progressive 465 shock to lower her an inch as well. The Tire option sounds great if the RPM's arent too high but would love to hear from you fine peeps! She only has 15K miles on her.

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
Hi Alvin, welcome to the forum from East Tennessee.
We have several strat members and I'm sure one of them that's lowered their bike will have the answer you seek, especially my best aviator buddy, Corsair. Up north hes known as the 'Strategist'.
We're glad you joined us, and ride safely weather permitting, and please share a pic or two with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Alvin, welcome to the forum from East Tennessee.
We have several strat members and I'm sure one of them that's lowered their bike will have the answer you seek, especially my best aviator buddy, Corsair. Up north hes known as the 'Strategist'.
We're glad you joined us, and ride safely weather permitting, and please share a pic or two with us.

THX a ton! See pics below and I appreciate the help.. Loved my Warrior's and I am sure the Strat will perform well also!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
That is sweeeeeettt Alvin! Nice smooth lines, love the fairing! Bet she sounds great with that exhaust.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum eh. Isn't the Strat just a great looking ride and I love those pipes and fairing. I've got a radial Michelin 200/55/17 Commander 2 on the rear and I just love it. Got to be carefull on cold days but besides that nice and grippy. I also have a C2 up front but that one is a bias ply. The bike handles great with this mix. I'll be getting a fairing this spring also but i'm not sure what sound system will be going in it yet.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts