Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 2 months of thought I went to pick up my new v star 950t Friday. I had talked myself out of the Stryker. When I got there they had a white stryker sitting beside the 950t. I didn't think I would like the white. But I did. To make a long story short. I bought the stryker!!! I rode it 150 miles back home and loved it. I wanted the bags and windshield. But dang it the stryker was calling out to me. I ride like an old man ( I guess I'm getting close to that). I was very impressed with the power the stryker had over the 950t. And I liked the liquid cooled engine and the speedo location. But mainly the dang thing just looks awesome. I thought I would hate the white. But it is in my garage

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS

By the way I didn't buy just because of the looks. I felt more comfortable on it, and I have never had a bike with floor boards and a heel toe shifter and wasn't sure if I would ever be comfortable with that. I'm not totally vain!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Congrats on the Stryker, they are certainly a great looking bike. While the Touring version of Star M/C's give more storage options, that doesn't mean they appeal to everyone. Your Stryker called out to you, and you heard it.:D Enjoy the new ride!!!!!

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Welcome to the 4m! I saw a white Stryker yesterday at my dealer and it was quite, striking *G*. Congratulations! Just because it didn't have bags doesn't mean you can't add 'em. Not sure I would want to add a windshield to a Stryker but that's probably possible too. You can ponder while you ride :) Let's see some pics man, stop teasing!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I bought a used v star 950 as a first bike. It was what I could afford. After looking at numerous bikes all winter the stryker in matte grey is my wish bike.

Congrats

·
Registered
274 Posts
Congrats! I agree the Stryker is a really sweet looking bike (which will be clear from your pics when you post them). There is an Impact Blue one (I think that is what they call it) at the dealer and it really looks nice. I'm hoping I can hold out one more summer before I just have to buy a one(;-).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm working on the pictures. It's like launching the shuttle. Not a computer guy! I need a sissy bar , any advice? I don't want to put saddle bags on it, but I got to have somewhere to put my work stuff. So I'm thinking a sissy bar and a bag I can strap to it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts