Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen this before. Or maybe used it???
I heard about this on the radio yesterday. I want to do more research but on the surface; this thing seems really cool. Check out the video...

http://www.fusar.com/

·
Registered
318 Posts
Rather pricey with a MSRP 0f $550.00, but interesting if it all works as shown.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$550 really that does seem like a ton of money, but by the time you get a gopro camera, a GPS, and cell phone Bluetooth you've spent that much. I just can't find anyone who has tried it out. It must be really new I guess.

·
Registered
318 Posts
You have to pre-order the system (for a reduced price). The site is asking for investors (donations?) to help with the cost of manufacturing. From the website, it looks like none have been even been built yet (except for maybe the prototype.)

·
Registered
78 Posts
It looks pretty cool. I wouldn't mind buying one but I mostly ride where there's no cell signal so I wonder how that works.

·
Super Moderator
13,199 Posts
i love the handlebar control and the 15-second flashback. i would use that exclusively so you don't have to just let it record constantly of non-exciting stuff you'd have to sift through later that wears out battery time and memory card space. but i'm not sure about its comm features. not sure why i would want to use that instead of just what's already on my phone. i mean, it shows you using a phone to use its software anyway.

You have to pre-order the system (for a reduced price). The site is asking for investors (donations?) to help with the cost of manufacturing. From the website, it looks like none have been even been built yet (except for maybe the prototype.)
if you click on their pre-orders link it takes you to a page that looks just like a kickstarter campaign. a way to be one of the first to get one at a reduced price, if they get enough early adopters (which this one shows they have).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts