Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just came back from my dealership today hoping to have my inspection done to continue riding. come to find out, back tire failed and front one about too. I've got a 950 with the original tires (170/70-16M and 130/70-18M) with just shy of 10K miles. does anyone recommend any specific brand/size? or are these tires really the best that's out there. The size isn't as important to me but I'd like to see if there is something out there that can squeeze a few more miles out of them without loosing the grip (and not break the bank) Any suggestions???

·
Registered
332 Posts
Michelin Commander II all day, every day.

Some people are big fans of the Metzlers. Some people are pleased with the performance of Shinkos, but since I have to pay to get my tires mounted, the tire savings gets eaten up real fast by replacing after half as many miles.

I've pretty much never heard anyone say they were genuinely pleased with the stock Dunlops. Honestly, 10k miles is higher than I can remember ever hearing from them. Good job on that.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got just about 7k on the original Dunlop tires. I think the Commander II rides better and hopefully I will get twice as much mileage out of them...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everyone keeps saying Dunlops. Mine are Bridgestone. Did they switch stock tires that I'm not aware of?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Everyone keeps saying Dunlops. Mine are Bridgestone. Did they switch stock tires that I'm not aware of?
My Stock ones were Bridgestone as well. Were outcasts lol.

I like the shinko tires I have one on the front for about a year now very pleased with the wear or lack of wear. I am trying a kenda on my rear now I like it so far but not enough miles to report yet but I like grip and the tread pattern is nice as well should be a long lasting tire as long as the compound holds out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts