Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this bike a year ago. PO installed a K&N high flow air filter and did something to the baffles. The bike seems to run lean as it will cough and sput just off idle unless I pull the choke out a tad. It also seems to idle rough and has a fair amount of vibration when riding it compared to other bikes I've ridden (most recently a 2013 Victory CCT which I just sold).

Is there some carb adjustment for this? If so, where / how ?

Thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
You might get you a barons jet kit, or take it to a mechanic and have him rejet the carb. My old Roadie was like that when I got it. Didn't seem to have alot of power. So I got the jet kit, and low and behold, it had the wrong jets in it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I'll look into those suggestions.

Yes, I generally do all my own work .. been riding and wrenching on my own bikes for almost 50 yrs.

I find that web link already (after I'd posted my Q) ... great info there!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Very cool! Let us know how it works out for you and what you did to solve the problem. If you do need to change the jets, I second Joshua Burnett's recommendation on Baron's kit.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
you wont know where your at until see what jets are installed and where the pms screw is set at, sometimes all that's needed is a turn on the pms screw with no other changes, don't go spending money you don't need to, try adjusting it first, most of stuff in a jet kit never gets used anyway, adjusting it costs nothing nadda zelch

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you wont know where your at until see what jets are installed and where the pms screw is set at, sometimes all that's needed is a turn on the pms screw with no other changes, don't go spending money you don't need to, try adjusting it first, most of stuff in a jet kit never gets used anyway, adjusting it costs nothing nadda zelch
I'll certainly try adjusting first but I also want to see if the PO put the jet kit in and if not, I will go ahead and do it ... just coz (and since I already ordered it) lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts