Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a short note to say Hi. Old guy here been rideing since 1962 and owned a lot of different bikes. I just picked up a 2009 Vstar 950 Tourer only has 1750 miles on it and not a scratch anywhere. I have owned some larger cruisers including a Vstar 1300 but I am likeing lighter weights as I get older.:D

·
Registered
778 Posts
Welcome to the group, glad to have you riding with us.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Welcome old timer :D

Tell us some more about yourself. How did you find that 950, what did you pay for it, what other bikes have you ridden, how did you choose the name Blackie72. You know, the basics.

Oh, and post up some pics so you can qualify for the monthly gift certificate from Stratowart.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A FEW Replys

Found the bike at a dealer in Titusville, it was on consignment. Paid $5700. The bike is Maroon in color. Blackie 72 comes from a nickname. Should now be Gray 72 (current age). As far as other bikes well it is a really long list. Stated in 1962 on a 250 Ducati, had a lot of Suzuki's in the 70s and 80s, a 500,750 water cooled,and 1000GS. Wife and I rode the GS 7000 miles from Denver to Key West and back in 1979. Quit rideing after 20 years and didn't ride for about 20years.
Back in the sadle in 2004 have had a few Honda's,some Suzuki's,some Yamaha's, and Kawsaki's. Mostly Upright sport bikes, and Cruisers. Fastest Bike Kawsaki 1000. Bigest Cruiser was a 1700 Roadstar.
Currently have a Burgman 400 abs and the new 950. I have a very bad habbit of falling in love with too many bikes. I started going to the Demo rides at bike week in 2004 and have rode over 150 different motorcycles since then. And since I fall in love easy with all things with two wheels, my wife holds here breath when I go to Bike week:eek: P.S. I don't know how to post photo's. I know that is lame.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts