Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just sold my 600rr and bought an 05 v star 1100 classic with 5500 miles, great condition, will post some pics later, just need to tune it since it wasn't ridden a whole lot. wondering where I can get a good price on air filter kit, I just got an integrated tail light, gonna put an exhaust and filter on it and really don't want to pay 200 for one, I like the style of the chrome spike filters, anyone have one and can say yay or nay on it?
thanks and md guys chime in on some good places to ride?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found the spike chrome ones on eBay for about 100 shipped, anyone have anything to say about them? Good or bad

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Hey, he's got a pink helmet! SWEET! Not as Rad as my purple helmet, but then, I think the pink goes better with the bike. Welcome :)

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Phat, darlin' you are going to have to turn up your sarcasm meter if you are gonna survive here. I can clearly see that's the little woman's helmet. I was just giving you chit. I don't know anything mechanical other than that machines like to run, and vstars like to run fast :). Therefore, I must provide the sarcasm or the occasional titillating comment (usually about my own). That's my role. Welcome :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Welcome, can't speak for low end intakes but my 650 had a Kuryakyn Hypercharger that did it wonders. Costly little sucker though. And don't let them embarrass you over your pink helmet. At least you have a beautiful bike, and hey, the white on the helmet matches. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have been in the military for 7 yrs at the naval academy now for shore duty, been riding for 13 yrs 8 on a 600rr and 5 misc bikes Kawasaki zx6, Vulcan-mothers bike I learned to ride on. now the vstar will be with me for awhile.

Annie- I have some really thick skin, been a diesel mechanic for the past 7 yrs, I just roll with the punches.

I had some ideas for the bike but not sure what route I'm gonna take, want to do the tornado air filter, chrome curburners and 6" riser comeback bars, boss 429 cams and my buddy owns a race shop in ct so I'm going to have him port the motor this winter, maybe a cobalt flake type blue paint job really make the chrome pop. that's about all I have planned for now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts