Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. My name is James. I live in the Tampa Bay area. I have been riding Sportbikes for 11+ years, but a bad back led me to finally try out a more relaxed ride. I always said if I went to a cruiser, I was going all the way. Full fairing, speakers, and bags. I did that 9 days ago when I picked up 2014 Yamaha Vstar 1300 Deluxe. This has led to some ridicule from my Sportbike friends, but I have to laugh when I see them hunched over while I kick back, light a smoke and jam out to Octane. >:)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,254 Posts
Hi James, welcome to the forum. Nice intro and pic! Love the Tampa area, lots of great places to ride there. We're glad you joined us, and ride safely!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,206 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hey there James - welcome to cruiser land ! ! Like you, I am also a converted sportbike rider whose back just couldn't take it anymore. I found a 2008 Roadliner just over a year ago and glad to make the switch and rotate my riding position to something a lot more comfortable. Enjoy your cruiser ! ! !

·
Registered
160 Posts
Welcome James! As with arsey I'm also a former sportbike rider. I just wanted to travel without being pushed all over the road. An extra 12 inches of length and a few hundred pounds did the trick. Insurance savings was worth the switch by itself, but I do miss the speed :)

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
How old was it Triple? The old Kawi ninjas are not so aggressive as the new ones - I went looking for an old one for just that reason. Just like my roadstar, I found an older one (03) with 1,029 miles on it. Gotta love them peeps that buy new and don't ride *G*. Fun to ride the Kawi short distances, makes a good commuter bike. For all day riding it's the roadie all the way...

·
Registered
160 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts