Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

Just wanted to introduce myself. I live in San Diego CA and I just bought a 2006 V Star 1100 Classic. I bought off craigslist for $2850. It has 38700 miles. Its in great shape and I am super excited to get some more miles on it. So how did I do?

i'm mainly here to meet other riders and to learn more about this bike. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard.First off you better post a pic or the rath of the forum come down on you lol.We all like pictures.Sounds like you made a good deal on it as long as it runs,rides and looks good.I would do a full service on it so you know that it's ready to burn up some miles.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You mean you cant see the picture in the post??? I'll try uploading one through photobucket later.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Welcome to the 4M!

Good price and the milage is about 7K per year of age which is normal. The picture after "Thanks" in your post shows up as a tiny "?",,,that doesn't cut the mustard here! :D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
We're waiting can you here the toe tapping. PICTURE???

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here ya go... Sorry I just got off work. Better late than never :)

Let me know if it doesn't work.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Nice bike.

Who's the dead guy......?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you mean the guy behind it, thats me. My wife took this pic while I was getting gas.

Does anybody recognize that exhaust? is it a slip on? it definitely not stock. Very loud!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Just kidding. Just the way the camera caught you.

That's definitely an aftermarket exhaust.....the classic two-into-one. Should say what brand on it somewhere. Not surprised it's loud. Adds a lot of power too.

Looks like you got a great deal. Got riding experience? Taken an MSF course?

Keep the shiny side up, huh....and welcome.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes when I got my license I took the course, must have been about six years ago. I started with a 1988 Honda hawk GT 650 then I upgraded to a 2002 Yamaha R1 and now I wanted to try out the cruiser style. So far so good.

Ill double check but when I looked at the exhaust, the chrome seems to be just a cover. But ill look for a brand again. Maybe its hidden really well.

Thanks.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Does anybody recognize that exhaust? is it a slip on? it definitely not stock. Very loud!

Ill double check but when I looked at the exhaust, the chrome seems to be just a cover. But ill look for a brand again. Maybe its hidden really well.
I put money on Hard Krome Side Burner...I like it!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No RED bike here...buddy. RED seems more like a color for a CBR but that's just my opinion. I really like the color on mine.

LOL on the gas part. I was messing around with the tool compartment. Just getting to known the bike a little better.

On another note, I am getting my bike checked out just to make sure its all good. Gonna pick it up tomorrow. Can't wait to get back on it.

Anybody from San Diego CA??

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rant!!

Just got a call from my mechanic. I brought it to him to get a tune up and make sure it was good to go. I also asked him to test ride it because I noticed a weird noise when I would pull in the clutch to shift or when decelerating. He adjusted my valves, replaced spark plugs, oil and filter change, replaced air filter, and did a general check up. Apparently he had to remove the exhaust in order to get to the oil filter. Anybody else have to do that? I have the Hard Krome Sideburner exhaust.

Anyways, I was supposed to get it back today and I just got off the phone with him. He did the test ride and that noise I noticed... he said there is something definitely wrong with the clutch:(. So not getting it back today. Hopefully this bike doesn't burn a hole in my pocket.

I'll keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
545 Posts
If you check out my signature list of mods I've done, you will see oil filter relocation kit. This is because all V-Star 1100's have their oil filter in a position that requires removal of the exhaust....it doesn't matter what exhaust you have.

They run about $285-300, but once it's on, you never have to worry about that again.

·
Administrator
13,690 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts