Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I have been riding sport bikes for the last few years and finally decided to jump up to a bigger bike. I have a 2007 V-Star Custom that I'm in the process of customizing some more. Can anyone tell me a little bit about V-Stars? The good, bad, and ugly?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I been riding a v-star for two years now..Only trouble has been the wobble in the front end. Can't seem to figure out why. Maybe the tire..I don't know. Great bikes as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Star_Rider. I'm new to the V Star too. My 650 is a blessing from above. I should have bought one years ago.

The only downside is I can't ride it enough. Seriously. Keep the routine maintenance up (like you should with anything) and enjoy. I've found they're pretty bulletproof and a ton of fun. I get compliments everywhere which is pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Cruiser verses sport

Star Rider,

It is a whole different ball game. Cruisers are designed for as the name says cruising. They are at their best just crusiing down the road at moderate speed. Heaver and higher than your sport bike. The look, sound, and feel is more nastolgic. Your 650 is near the smaller end of the scale. To me a very pleasant feeling. you might think about going for cool rather than performance.

Beyond that ask some questions, we will try to help.

Dave

·
Registered
923 Posts
Welcome to the forum Star_Rider. As Liner and Wart pointed out, these bikes are really easy to get that cool look from. My initial plan was to buy a 650 and bob it...having ridden my 1100 for a few months now I can only say that I'm SOOO glad that I didn't go with the 650. I'm a big boy so that 650 would have had a hard time getting out of it's own way!

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
I'll echo on what Linerdave said.

Translation: "I got nuthin'":D:D:D

The good, bad, and ugly?
In no particular order, that would be Jarhead, Stratowart and Aussielad.:(

And welcome...:)

When you get comfortable with your cruiser, you may want to move up to something a little heavier:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts