Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! That's right...I'm new to motorcycles and everything about them! Started riding in January. Bought 2008 Roadliner and love it! So I'm learning as I go and have to say, this forum is a bit intimidating for a newbie. I can't think of a thing I want to change on my bike yet but am loving the photo galleries and learning what everyone does/has done to their own bikes.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Howdy, and welcome to the 4M !! I second/third the post pics please request.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Welcome to the insane clown posse... If it matters much all I do is ride. I'm not a mechanic and these guys can help you do anything. Ask away we won't laugh at you. But we will poke fun of your short coming ( wait your not Canadian.. So you should be okay).
So why a roadliner to start ? You have a local group you ride with ?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the insane clown posse... If it matters much all I do is ride. I'm not a mechanic and these guys can help you do anything. Ask away we won't laugh at you. But we will poke fun of your short coming ( wait your not Canadian.. So you should be okay).
So why a roadliner to start ? You have a local group you ride with ?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
My boss was going to loan me his Roadliner to practice on before I decided to commit to a purchase. He didn't ride much anymore. I didn't feel right borrowing it for months, so he made me a deal I couldn't refuse! There are some folks I ride with occasionally, but nothing formal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you live in Austin AND you also ride a bike???!!

Ha! Yep, and I'm always looking for people to ride with so let me know. I'm dying to get more riding experience; have a 2 week ride coming up the beginning of August...headed to Sturgis, via New Mexico, AZ, Utah!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Big first bike, nice way to start :D
To post a picture of your bike just use post reply and select the paper clip like symbol and the browse for where the picture is stored, double click and then click upload, submit your post. All done and we can stop bugging you for a pic of that bike

·
Registered
782 Posts
you live in Austin AND you also ride a bike???!!

Ha! Yep, and I'm always looking for people to ride with so let me know. I'm dying to get more riding experience; have a 2 week ride coming up the beginning of August...headed to Sturgis, via New Mexico, AZ, Utah!

What a first year of riding.. Big bad bike. Long trip to sturgis..that's a pretty awesome first year..

Don't worry I will sit here and do nothing but wait in your picture...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Welcome! I'm new to riding as well, only riding a few months. Like you I just love it! (I mean why doesn't everyone ride a MC) You will find this to be a great forum. I've gotten a lot of help and advice and I just don't feel so alone. It's like having a guy next door with the same bike as you but with lots of experience (and a weird sense of humor).
Enjoy that bike!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Introducing Black Betty

IMG_0333.jpg
This is her: Black Betty. Not a great picture, I'm sorry. I need different saddlebags, too, but not sure what I want yet. Any suggestions would be great!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome to the forum. Big first bike, nice way to start :D
To post a picture of your bike just use post reply and select the paper clip like symbol and the browse for where the picture is stored, double click and then click upload, submit your post. All done and we can stop bugging you for a pic of that bike
Thank you very much! Pic is posted below.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Good point. I'm selling my HK 3" big straights Exhaust once I get my new ones put on. I agree about the fairing I look everyday and try to decide how am I coming up with the money

1 - 20 of 22 Posts