Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings guys and gals. I am new to the forum. I am also a new rider, still have my permit. I just picked up my first bike on Friday. It's a 2005 V-Star 650 Silverado. I found it on Craigslist about 150 miles away from me. I trailered it home as I didn't have someone to take me, plus you aren't "supposed" to drive on the highway in OH with a permit. Good thing since it rained on the way back.

It has aftermarket pipes, a Gonzo kit, and he removed the AIS, and re-jetted the carbs. Had 7700 miles when I picked it up, but I have already put about 300 miles on her this weekend. :) She is such a blast to ride. Lots of power, very comfortable.

He has some highway pegs on it, but he was 6'5" and I am 5'6", so I can't even reach them. Those will probably come off. Thinking about putting a Clevver clutch lever on it to help with friction zone. Also thinking of passing lights. Not sure if I am going to lower it or not. Needless to say she is in need of a good detailing.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
am already signed up for the beginner riders course in May

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
In Okla if you take the class you will not have to do the riding part of the test for your DL. I have been riding most of my life and when my wife wonted her on ride WE took the class together and it help me also:D I wish there was a advanced class close by here. I think we both would take it. Take your time and learn it right the first time.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
In Okla if you take the class you will not have to do the riding part of the test for your DL.
What are you talking about? In Oklahoma if you can chew tobacco you don't have to do the riding part of the test...:D

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for the explanation of the bike on the trailer. For a brief moment I mistook it for an HD...:eek:

(Shame on me for being uncivil. Bad, bad, bad... I will now don my HD tee and go sit in a corner...:()

:):):)

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
What are you talking about? In Oklahoma if you can chew tobacco you don't have to do the riding part of the test...:D:):):)
Chewing tobacco, chewing tobacco running down your chin:eek: lick it up, lick it up and spit it out again:D That was are school song

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welcome in! nice lookin' bike.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Welcome to the group, as you can see, a great little place with a great bunch of guys(and girls). Fun for sure, the boys can even be serious if need be;):D

As for baccer, I was very young when I had my first chaw, swallowed, turned green, puked and puked, then learned you don't do it that way:eek:

Have fun with your new ride, learn all you can, and ride safe.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the welcoming replies. Despite what a friend of mine thinks, I got 48MPG this last tank. He didn't think you could do that with the pipes like I have.

As far as chewing tobacco, my grandma use to say that a good swaller of tobaccy juice would cure constipation. :D

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
GDay MFD and welcome, great forum, good people. Mate a very nice looking bike you have there too. I have been restoring a 650 and love it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts