Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for info to see if there are any tricks I need to know to get the rear fender off my 2002 1100. time for a new paint job. Cold & Snowy here in NY

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Looking for info to see if there are any tricks I need to know to get the rear fender off my 2002 1100. time for a new paint job. Cold & Snowy here in NY
Yeah, cold and snowy here too. Sugar Bear says welcome to the forum from Indiana. No "tricks" that I know of, just unbolt as you go,seems nothing is never really easy takin care of your ride(to me) when it is worthwhile:) Enjoy your ride, enjoy the forum.:DRide safe.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Hi and welcome from Buffalo,NY! Temp here is 19 right now.:( Enjoy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, need to get some heat in the hut so I can start tearing her down. Now that I have your attention :) what about the rear fender, unbolt as you go or ????

·
Registered
14 Posts
I Just had mine painted last month. The only tip that I have is mark all wiring connections as you unplug them, as in turn signals, brake light etc. I have a 2006 V Star 1100. All went smoothly for me. (Pics of my final paint job under Photo Gallery)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lucky you! been lucky lately seems to be missing us & going up the coast for a change. Still freekin cold, need to get my parts to my painter, no heat in the hut so I'm not in that big of a hurry, still 3 more months of winter here :mad: nice chatting with you. Thanks for the tip on the wiring

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
welcome to the site. don't hesitate to ask questions
Thanks, I won't! Bought one of those heaters to hook up to a propane tank, headed out to the hut to start pulling fenders & tank. It's a lovely 10 degrees here in CNY today. Wishing I'd have done this when I put the bike up but around here you keep it together as long as you can cuz one day it's 10 & the next it could be 50-60 but I don't think it's gonna happen so.......... wish me luck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Got it done in about 2 hours, thanks to my husband & his patience! It wasn't as complicated as I thought. Thanks for the tips! Only had to cut back directional wires. Posted some B4 pics on Photo Gallery.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts