Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. I've been looking for a new Venture forum since I traded my Raider in for my Trans Continental Venture. After creeping around this site I felt like this was just what I was looking for.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,429 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Glad you joined us. The SVTC owners have a large presents here. A few interesting threads to check out when you get a chance :

Go to last page for current hunt :

Ride often and safe.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm 55 years old from Fairless Hills Pa, about 20 miles outside of Philadelphia. I'm the father of 4 and the Grandfather of 5. I've been riding since I was 12, I rode sport bikes as a younger man. I stopped riding after my first child was born. But purchased a new bike in 2008. It was a Yamaha Raider S, I loved that bike and rode it for 11 years. It was a real attention getter. I did a lot of custom modes on it over the time I rode it. Just before leaving to go to Ocean City Marylands bike week I blew out a rear bearing and could not get a replacement for a couple of days. I was working the local dealer over on a 2018 SVTC that had been on the dealer floor for over a year. Well, now he had the upper hand but he really wanted my bike. So we made the deal happen and road directly down to OCMD for bike fest. Nice 170 mile ride to break the bike in.
I know i have over 70K miles riding, I don't like riding with humongous groups. Takes away too must riding pleasure do to worrying about moving the group through traffic. Love this forum so far, it is very active.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,429 Posts
Great intro, most here migrated from sport bike and have enjoyed the journey. You gotta post pictures.

·
2,490 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. Very nice intro and you're right - this is a very active forum. As Les mentioned there are a lot of SVTC owners here who share a lot of info and tips so pull up a chair and join in. We're happy to have you.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin like most of us you are experienced on bikes and in life. I enjoy just riding county trunk highways just to see where they go. I have owned bikes of all sizes and absolutly love my 1100 Vstar Classic. It renewed my enthusiasm for riding after i sold my 1800VTX.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Welcome @Venture113 from North Carolina.
I too am fortunate enough to have one of those beauties! You’re gonna LOVE this bike. BTW, what color did you get? I didn’t see you mention that?
We’re getting quite a gaggle if these bikes and some Eluders too. We had 3 SVTC at our Waynesville rally last year. Hope to see you there to make it even more!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Welcome aboard... enjoy snooping around the many threads throughout the forum. Good mix of newbies and seasoned vets here and lots of activity. Love the looks of the SVTC...post a pic when you can.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts