Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm Dave. I ride a 2005 V-Star 1100 Custom with a few mods. Looking to move up to something a little bigger for long road trips, no hurry just keeping my eyes and ears open. I am thinking i will keep this 1100, it's a comfortable ride. It would be nice to have 2 bikes.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Come on in

Welcome to the forum Dave:) I to wonted to move up to the roadstar so I asked my friend to ride his for the day. Well I think I will just keep my 1100:D unless I find a good deal on a RS:eek: Wife has a 650 and I guess we will keep it till it dies(that is if it will ever die) and then move on up:eek:

Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
WElcome

I had an 04 1100, nice bike. I moved up to a Stratoliner, never looked back. I'm not sure I would want two cruisers. I think you will find the bigger cruisers also comfortable. If you decide to have two bikes maybe one should be a touring bike or another style bike?

You have plenty of time to think about it.

Dave

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only thing i still want to change on my 1100 is the seat. I need more padding for longer rides. I would like to have 1 bike for long rides and cruising, and 1 bike for fun; i.e., tinkering, modifying and running down to my local watering hole.

·
Administrator
13,683 Posts
I would like to have 1 bike for long rides and cruising, and 1 bike for fun; i.e., tinkering, modifying and running down to my local watering hole.
i know what you mean. i've been turning my bike into a hybrid w/o realizing it since i got it. half the things i add are to make it 'bike show' attractive and the other half is to make it comfortable and practical for trips. it's my every day rider as well. does that make it 3 parts? is that a hydra or some mythological creature?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Every modification i've done is for comfort first. Mods to the engine i give performance priority. The backrest is gone now. It wasn't strong enough, would slowly bend back on me. Had a friend weld a small piece to stop the backrest bracket from bending, then the fender support that it bolts to started bending. Thankfully the fender was flexible enough not to break.

·
Administrator
13,683 Posts
What requirements do i need to meet before i can 'post', 'add to post' or 'reply to post' ?
sorry i didn't see your edit sooner. in order for us to help combat spam at the moment, each new member must make 4 posts in the introductions sub-forum to become eligible for posting everywhere else on the site. just put up one more post, however meaningless, and then you will have your 4 posts.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry i didn't see your edit sooner. in order for us to help combat spam at the moment, each new member must make 4 posts in the introductions sub-forum to become eligible for posting everywhere else on the site. just put up one more post, however meaningless, and then you will have your 4 posts.
I completely understand. I went back and reread thru the rules & regs thinking i might have missed something.

·
Administrator
13,683 Posts
the almighty administrator has seen fit to reduce the number of posts down to ONE for new members before becoming eligible to post elsewhere. thus sayath the administrator. the starbikeforums rules has been updated

1 - 10 of 10 Posts