Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to the cruisers but not to the motorcycle scene itself. Ive owned just about every sportbike out (Zx-7r, Hayabusa, Zx-12r, Zx-14, R1, Gsxr1000, CBR 954rr and now I ride a Yamaha Dragstar 1100. I am absolutely clueless as to crusiers and maintenance because I have never owned one. I have always heard cruisers are more comfortable....... For my legs and back maybe but my @$$ hurts ten times worse than it did from a sportbike. Maybe I just need a bigger seat. Anyway, hoping to meet some fellow Star riders and learn a thing or two.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Welcome to the 4M.

My neck pain started removing the fun from sport bikes for me several years ago. I, and my ass, adapted nicely to life on cruisers, hope the same will happen for you.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
My dear Fredericksburgonian, the book of newb is here to help you out. In the ass chapter it is written that "this topic has been beaten to death in the forum and has not seen any conclusion or definite winner in the PIA stock seat issue" ;)

Do some more reading in here and you will get some idea of what other riders have done to resolve this PIA issue.

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy the site and keep it shiny side up.

·
Administrator
13,665 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome aboard :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
new to forum

Thanks for the welcomes. I have already found myseld searching the forum looking for a description of parts. I noticed this mornijg there is a chrome hard line running from just under my seat to the front of the engine......WITH DUCT TAPE ON IT!. I'm not too sure better yet I'm positive that duct tape is not in the repair manual.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts