Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will love it, i had other bikes before, I started on a vulcan 900 custom (loved it, super light and fun), then i had a blue 07 Vstar 1300, then a Vulcan 1700(top heavy and very uncomfy), then an FZ-07 (dangerous bike, way too much wind for highway and i dont want the full face), then a Honda Interstate (good for coffee shop to coffee shop, maybe day trips, but thats it) and now another Yammy 1300. Best bike ever, most reliable, with the rstd bars are a dream to ride, no wine in the 5th on the highway, enough pull for whatever i need, perfect when you want to play sportbike, lots of aftermarket support, belt, fat front tire, good dealer network in NA.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
That is sweet! I'm gonna get a Memphis Shades batwing for my 950 this season. But otherwise I'm really happy with it. (And I'm all stock except a custom seat and K&N air filter.)

I'd like a sporty standard or a dual sport as a second bike one day. But hopefully I'll be riding my friends project bike that I'm cleaning/painting. A 1992 Suzuki GS1100g.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 950 is a sweet bike, almost perfect, but 2 things I did not like: 1 - air cooled and 2 - cant lean too much on it, it scrapes way earlier than most bikes. Sometimes I get into a more aggressive riding mood and that is a deal breaker for me. The Vulcan 900 can lean, I was able to put the pipes on the ground in a turn with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts