Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After selling my last motorcycle (Honda Fury) 18 months ago to buy a house, I am finally back in the saddle again. I fell in love with a Stratoliner a couple of years ago, but still had the Fury. I began looking for a motorcycle again as I am taking a job where I will be commuting 100 mile round trips daily. I eliminated the Fat Boy (dream bike) due to price and the Rocket III because I did not think my wife would enjoy it. Then I found a 2006 Stratoliner with 5300 miles on it. Great shape, rode well, Mustang seats... exactly what I wanted. Was able to pick up for less than 5k with a helmet for the misses thrown in.

I trailer-ed it home for convenience and only rode about 5 miles when I got it home. I can't wait to get in on the road.

·
Super Moderator
6,088 Posts
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee there Mad_Jasper. Great intro 'cept one thing, where's the pic of your new to you Strat? We're huge pic lovers here, so please share one with us. Glad you joined us and that you're back the saddle again, and ride safely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Congrats on the Strat! Glad to hear that you're back on two wheels. - As Keith Post mentioned, we always welcome pictures if ya got 'em.

Glad you joined the forum!

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Welcome from the east coast of Canada. Sounds like a real nice ride you got yerself there!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congratulations, same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago.
:grin:

Wait till you ride the Strat for a couple of hours. Your face will start hurting from the smile.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I will never understand how a bike that beautiful only got 5,300 miles in 11 years. Great find for you, but I just can't imagine owning that and being like, "500 miles this season sounds like enough."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
I cant help but laugh when I see a kid on a sports bike

trying to sit up straight

right hand on the throttle

left hand awkwardly on their left leg, elbow pointed out, sorta sitting up but not really

they all do it exactly the same

I call it 'the pose'

makes me lean into my back rest just a little bit more, ahh......... :^)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts