Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had Vstars, and Roadstars, and Royal Stars, but this is my first Stratoliner. Long story short, we go on a week long ride every year and my HD is in the shop(As it often is) So i needed a back up bike in case it couldn't be repaired in time. Found this 2006 Stratoliner localish to me posted for $4200. Its got 20k miles and a lot of accessories to include a blue tooth radio system. It also had just received a new rear tire, fluid changes, and spark plugs. I talked him down to $3500 and now it sits in my garage. Honestly after riding it the 180 miles home, it might be the Harley for sale instead of the Stratoliner... I currently also own a victory kingpin that is my wife's bike, and a RSTD my good friend left me when he passed. Anyways, just wanted to share the new bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
hope you are going to ride it more than one week a year! :^)

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,003 Posts

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
Curious why you did not plan on taking your Royal Star Tour Deluxe on the 3000 mile road trip?

That is what the bike is designed for.

·
2,345 Posts
Nice bike! And btw, you STOLE it. One like that would sell for $6000 around here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Curious why you did not plan on taking your Royal Star Tour Deluxe on the 3000 mile road trip?

That is what the bike is designed for.
My brother-in-law is joining us on our trip for the first time this year and he is riding the RSTD. Otherwise I would be riding that. I didn't want to deny him the opportunity to go just because my HD is unreliable :wink:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice bike! And btw, you STOLE it. One like that would sell for $6000 around here.
Thanks! Yeah I thought I got a good deal on it. The initial plan was to sell it after the HD gets out but I might end up keeping it instead! I have a friend at work that is looking for a new bike, might just sell it to him for what I got into it for some good biking karma!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts