Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Nice bike I have same bike but black. After I put aftermarket pipes and air cleaner along with cobra fi2000 I could not believe the difference.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all! We had (and are still having) too much wind to ride so I've only been able to get about 25 miles on it...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks like a touring? I picked up an 98 recently non-touring but had bags and all except windshield. Too snowy here to,try her out yet......

Looks like it fits you.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes it's a touring model. I kind of like the windshield. The bags are a good size, two six packs will fit in each one... and a bottle of wine for the wife.

·
Registered
456 Posts
You must have the 1100, first year for the 1300 was 2007. Sounds like you are getting excited, snow will be gone soon. :) Just hang in there a bit longer !

·
Registered
456 Posts
Yes it's a touring model. I kind of like the windshield. The bags are a good size, two six packs will fit in each one... and a bottle of wine for the wife.
Better get some training wheels before drinking all that! Lol :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice bike I have same bike but black. After I put aftermarket pipes and air cleaner along with cobra fi2000 I could not believe the difference.
Hey bookem15 I have a 2007 1300 as well I am wanting to get the Cobra FI2000 and wanted to get your thoughts on it. I have cobra slashdown pipes on my bike that are bloody loud :D but I notice on hard deceleration it will "POP" and the engine could be smoother... in first gear at low RPM its the roughest. I was just curious if you think that the Cobra FI2000 will fix this. Also are the gains in power really noticeable? and if anyone has experience with the PCV? I am trying to decide if I want the FI2000 or a PCV with auto tune.... I'm leaning towards the FI2000.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The gains are huge and worth every penny. The pop still happens on mine because when you let off throttle the o2 sensor takes no readings and the bike for just a moment runs rich backfires the it's fine. That is what I have found from others with same set up. High flow air filter, exhaust, and fi2000 made it feel like I have another gear and lots more power with smoother shifting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm also in Colorado and have the same bike...same color, same year, with windshield, bags and passenger backrest. Bought mine used in 2012...original owner had gone only 2,200 miles in five years. Having a heck of a time finding/mounting an after-market trunk (top box/tour pack), as Yamaha doesn't make one. Bought a TP Extra Large Tour Pak with Wrap Around Backrest, Large Top Rack and Slimline LED Spoiler...got it online from RideBikeGear.com. Bought a Yamaha rack, and had it installed by the local Yamaha dealer. But the dealer can't figure out a way to mount the trunk on the rack! Anyone have any ideas? I have a trip planned...northern Colorado to southern Ohio...in less than two weeks, and am going crazy!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts