Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2007 Vstar Custom with 8900 miles. Bright red with the thick silver stripes on tank and rear fender. Clean, tires good, title clean. Paid $2100.00

Has a quick release windshield, saddlebags, passenger backrest. Did I get a good deal?

Also, would the Kurakyn Mini floorboards work on this?

I am in the Upstate NY area

Hello All

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
8,717 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Sounds like you got a great deal. I suggest to check all maintenance items to ensure all is good and safe. Here's a few interesting threads to check out when you get a chance.

Go to last page for current hunt:

Ride often and safe.

·
Super Moderator
3,756 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. I agree - you got a really good deal. I'm not sure about the floorboards, but this is a very active forum full of knowledgeable and helpful people. I'm sure someone will be able to answer your question.

Oh, and we like pics here. Love to see that red beauty when you get a chance!

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
You did real well on the deal. You bought one of the most reliable bikes on the road. With 8900 miles it is almost broken in. I wish for spring for us so we can ride again. I don't know about the mini floor boards but there are a ton of floor boards that will. Welcome from Wisconsin and stop by often and have some fun.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I just bought a 2007 Vstar Custom with 8900 miles. Bright red with the thick silver stripes on tank and rear fender. Clean, tires good, title clean. Paid $2100.00

I am in the Upstate NY area
Welcome from Rochester, NY. I started riding this year and purchased an '07 VS650 Classic Silverado with 6200 miles. Purchased from a private owner locally. I thought mine was a great price, but yours is even better. What part of the state do you hail from?
Enjoy snooping around the many threads in the forum and post some pics when you can. Happy trails!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Welcome from Columbus, OH! Sounds like you got a great deal on the bike AND you are on the road to becoming a member of a great motorcycle forum! There are many things to enjoy on this forum. Snoop around and take a look for yourself! Enjoy..

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Nice VS650 - great deal on the price too, esp with all the extras

where are you in NY state? Im just SE of Rochester.

I was temped to take my 650 out a few days ago when it was 50F... but had too many other things to do that day.

We usually get a good thaw in Jan or Feb for at least a week.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
All of upstate NY is great motorbike riding, if you stay off the thruway

but the Adirondacks - wow! you got the best part.

The peak of Whiteface mountain is one of my favorite places:

and its the only high peak in NY state with a road to the top, because of the weather station.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I am about half way between Albany and Utica.
nice looking ride. I grew up in the Adirondacks. Lived about 10 miles from Whiteface and the wife is from Wilmington, where its located. Her home was about a 1/2 mile from the Memorial highway which went to the top that KCW mentions. Often spend a week every summer camping and kayaking in the Old Forge area.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nice looking ride. I grew up in the Adirondacks. Lived about 10 miles from Whiteface and the wife is from Wilmington, where its located. Her home was about a 1/2 mile from the Memorial highway which went to the top that KCW mentions. Often spend a week every summer camping and kayaking in the Old Forge area.
My stepson got married there last year. I have kayaked those lakes many times.

I am about 40 miles south and east of Old Forge area near Caroga Lake

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All of upstate NY is great motorbike riding, if you stay off the thruway

but the Adirondacks - wow! you got the best part.

The peak of Whiteface mountain is one of my favorite places: View attachment 90897

and its the only high peak in NY state with a road to the top, because of the weather station.
Why does that picture remind me of my last marriage? ;)

·
Registered
646 Posts
My stepson got married there last year. I have kayaked those lakes many times.

I am about 40 miles south and east of Old Forge area near Caroga Lake
cool. I am familiar with the area. when going back home to visit family I often take I90 to Fonda and Johnstown
to cut over to Saratoga Springs and pick up I87 north. Would love to kayak on Sacandaga Lake sometime.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts