Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder why so many Roadliners got left over and not sold? I just bought my 2009, new for $9999.

·
Super Moderator
13,073 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Welcome to the 4M.

Not sure, but it looks like you got a Stratoliner-S and not just a Roadliner.
In 2009 the Road was silver and the Strat was silver/white 2-tone. But there was a guy on another forum with one solid silver and all the Strat pieces like the one in the pic and a VIN check indicated that it had left the factory as a Strat.

Not that it actually makes any real difference.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Must be the absolute bottom line b/c I see that price everywhere. There are at least two at every dealer in St. Louis. Usually a roadliner or a strat S and then all have a strat deluxe.

One dealer suggested a model change coming as the reason but the 2013 looks the same

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It looks iike a Stratoliner because I bought all the Strato stuff, except my windshield is lower. I just bought highway bars as well. Yamaha ones, just to keep things easy.

Has anyone here installed the Yamaha highway bars? Simple? difficult? I plan to do it myself.

Man, I must like chrome, but all my life I thought I hated it!!!

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Yep, you bought all the parts to turn the Roadliner-S into a Strato-S.

I have the stock windshield but I cut it down to right about the same height as yours.

For highway/cruise pegs, I added brackets that attach a set of highway pegs to the floorboards. They were not an exact bolt on but if your handy you can do it without too much trouble. The added pegs allow me to put my entire foot up onto them and straighten out my legs if I want to or in most cases, I can rest my heel on the floorboards and use the added pegs to push my toe against. I went that route because I couldn't fing a good spot on the frame to add a moustache bar or attach highway pegs onto the frame. I should be able to pass along the link to my cruise peg addition if you are interested.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts