·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Nice!

Reactions: CBjamie

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Welcome from Pensacola Florida & another Stratoliner owner, enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I like the color. Mine's an 06.

Reactions: CBjamie

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm upgrading the seats with a Mustang wide seat set. Is there any other comfort upgrades I should look at? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
2,067 Posts
For the seat, I highly recommend a BeadRider like the one in this picture. I have the stock seat and simply adding this one bit of kit has made a world of difference when it comes to all day riding (10-12) hours. Air circulates under the bum which helps to keep one drier in the heat of summer and the beads allow you to move around and receive a nice circulatory massage. (I was off on a business trip in this photo).
20200927a.jpg

For cold weather, I use Hippo Hands over the grips to block that cold wind hitting my hands at 85+ MPH.
20210105a.jpg
20210319c.jpg

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm upgrading the seats with a Mustang wide seat set. Is there any other comfort upgrades I should look at? Thanks
Mine is a 2013 but same color. I would say an alternative seat, either mustang, which is what I have, or the ultimate. Also hiway pegs on the engine guard.

If you want to squeeze more performance send your ecu to Ivan's performance. He reflashes the ecu & does a great job good luck, sweet bike.
DOC

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
11,088 Posts
Last three photos posted appeared to be loaded down for trips, y'all ever stay home?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK so I've picked up the Strat, It's an impressive machine, I'm coming from riding a 01 Vulcan Classic1500. The 2 are completely different machines. The Strat at first impression seems massive compared to the Vulcan but handles better. Most thing I'm going to have to get used to is the engine sound, the Vulcan engine is extremely quite, with being liquid cooled with overhead cams and hydraulic valves. The Strat being a pushrod air cooled machine is noisy by comparison. So far I like the bike, low end torque is impressive for a stock machine ( my Vulcan has a Thunder MFG big bore kit with 12:1 compression, Thunder big air kit, Hardchrome 3" double D exhaust, big cams, big valves and a Dyna tuner. so it is a torque monster also. The handling and balance is superior to the Vulcan which handled well just not great. I'm sure I will come to love this bike just as much if not more than my beloved Vulcan (which I will be keeping), with a few planned upgrades. While the Strat sounds good it's too mello for me. I will be getting the Hardchrome 3" Double D's for it. I've got a group ride tomorrow and a nice 2up ride planned for Sunday. I'll let ya know how they went on Monday. Thanks for all the insight and opinions, they are appreciated.

·
Registered
63 Posts
How is the low end torque compared to your Vulcan with all the upgrades? Just curious. Bone stock the Strat torque is great. Only cruiser I know of the pulls harder is the Suzuki M109, which personally I am not fond of the looks of. The Vulcan 2000 and VTX 1800 are both in the same ballpark . I found after upgrading the airbox and getting the ECU reflashed my strat is a torque monster!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My Vulcan pulls as hard as the Strat. But that came with a high price tag and the clutch didn't fair well. What air box are you using, I'm not finding many available. Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
My Vulcan pulls as hard as the Strat. But that came with a high price tag and the clutch didn't fair well. What air box are you using, I'm not finding many available. Thanks
As JSPREE said the quickest and easiest is Ivan's modification. The best IMHO is Barons BAK. It is far more work than Ivan's kit but does give a bit better performance. I had the BAK on my 07 strat and Ivan's on my current 2013 Strat. Ivan's is just a K&N filter held in with brackets he made. You remove the OEM cover so the filter is wide open.

It probably gets 90% of the performance of the Baron's BAK, but costs far less and is much easier to install. I spent about 20 minutes installing Ivan's airbox modification. The Baron's BAK took me a couple hours on the 2007 Strat

The combination of the airbox mod and ECU reflash is amazing!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts