Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I am supposed to introduce myself. Here Goes!
I just started riding this summer. Took a safety class in early June and bought a bike by mid-June! LOL
I have a 2003 V-Star 650 Custom. I have put just around 1000 miles on it so far. I am having a bit of a mechanical issue, which is what prompted me to seek out this forum, but I look forward to chatting with other enthusiasts too. I already want a bigger bike. ha ha but I will wait a couple of summers.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's funny how 'wanting a bigger bike already' quickly that sets in. Well, there is a zillion of them out there to choose from. I hope you enjoy your ride, you're certainly in a beautiful spot to be riding.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Hi All,
I am supposed to introduce myself. Here Goes!
Not necessarily--if you can find someone to introduce you, by all means go for it!:)

I am having a bit of a mechanical issue
Age will do that to you:( But enough about you, how's the bike doing?:D:D:D

Welcome to the morass....:)

·
Registered
116 Posts
welcome babs from another newbie v star 650 owner! sounds like you've had a really fun summer on the road. can't wait to hear about your mechanical issue, and what the pros around here can do to help you solve it.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Wslcome to the nut house. Hope your problems with the bike are minor ones.
We all got mechanical problems at any age, and like Springer, some just squick more than others.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I have contacted the service dept at a local (well as local as it gets here) dealer that gave me some easy, less expensive things to try. I have gas leaking from what seems to be the gasket around the float bowl on the carb. Servive guy said not much to replacing the gaskets, but to clean the jets(?) etc while the cover is off. Sounds like they could be gunked up. At least I made it until the end of summer, now I can take my time. Can't wait for a break in the weather to go more! I'm loving it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts