Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

Been riding since I was 21 off and on. Always had mostly standards and sport touring bikes. Bought my first cruiser this past October and hoping to get her kinks out by spring 2019. I purchased a very nice stock (except for exhaust) 2002 Classic 1100. Trying to figure out electrical issues of no charging and battery dying while sitting parked in an hour or less. Have ridden for a few miles and thus far i love the bike and how she handles but loathe electrical problems. Nice to be aboard with you all.

Tim

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,067 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I have a bag and it is a most important piece of gear for any bike trip I take. The welcome package is well done on your end and I thank you for it.

·
2,369 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. I've been through that area many times back in my longhaul days. Beautiful country. Unfortunately electrical problems are not my forte, but there are a lot of knowledgeable people here who can probably help. The 1100 was my choice for my first cruiser and after 2 years I'm still very happy with it. Love to see a pic when you get a chance!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome from Southwest PA, wish I could help with your electrical issue but not my strong suit. I bought a 2009 1100 Silverado few years back after not riding for a few years and I absolutely love it as I am sure you will too. Have no plans on getting rid of it anytime soon. I bought it as a stepping stone back into riding and I like it so much don't think I will need anything else.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a camp in the mountains near Somerset PA and that is where you will find me, my bike, and my dog early spring through fall! My wife joins us on the weekends.:grin:

·
Registered
344 Posts
If the engine doesn't shut off when the battery dies then look at the rectifier. Mine had the same issue. About 150 miles from the house my speedo kept shutting off and lights went out. Stupidly I shut the bike off, had to get a jump start and ride it back home on fumes cause I was scared to stop for gas. Changed the rectifier and charged the battery and haven't had a problem since.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts