Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

New To The Crew

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Deeksvstarclassic 
#1 · (Edited)
Well where do I start? I am 36 years of age. From IL. I can honestly say I started at the bottom
with bikes, and slowly worked my way up the ladder. I currently own a 2012 VStar 1300 Tourer.
I have had this bike going on 2 years now. I picked this bike up from a 70 year old man for
$5500 from MO. He had just shy of 4,000 miles on it when I purchased it. I absolutely think it's a
fantastic bike.The wife agree's so that's a plus. The bike came with Cobra Speeder longs with no
baffles. So it is a loud bike which I am a fan of. I added a Cobra power pro black tuner, K&N Filter,
and did the air box mod. The bike runs great with that combo. I needed new tires so while the tires
were off I sent the wheels and pulley to the local powder coating shop and had them done in gloss
black. I also added a 1" lowering link. I think it turned out well and I like the new look. That's about it.
I'll throw some pictures up of my journey in the Yamaha world.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
#9 ·
Welcome from white Wisconsin. Very nice intro it seems as if you have done this before. I have learned through my life that having the wife on board is the way to go. Had my wife with me for most of the 25000 i put on my old vtx. Some of the best years have had. Good job and keep the wind in your face. Stop in often.

#10 ·
Thanks for all of the compliments and introductions. I plan on holding on to this bike for
a long time. Has everything I need for my liking. Plenty of power, no need for a fancy
stereo. I just like the sound of the exhaust, feet up, and that wind therapy. I'm pretty
low maintenance. I don't want my bike to look like all of the other's out there. So
I like to put my own spin on a few things and keep her clean.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.