Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Just thought I'd say hello from Canada! I'm a former crotch rocket rider/racer in my younger days, then moved into sport touring with my trusty ol' 1985 FJ 1100. I'm 43 now and my wife and I just bought a brand new 2010 V-Star 1100 Silverado (yes the '10 and '11 model years are available in Canada :D)

·
Registered
621 Posts
Welcome to the forum. So, Tuxracer, eh? Does that mean what I think it does? What's your distro?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum. So, Tuxracer, eh? Does that mean what I think it does? What's your distro?
I wish I could choose just one lol... I tend to prefer Debian based distros, but I love Slackware when I am in the mood to tinker and really understand how everything works. Over the years I have used many, started with Mandrake (now Mandriva), RedHat, Suse, and they are all a little different. Keeps me from getting bored :D Which do you prefer?

·
Registered
621 Posts
I wish I could choose just one lol... I tend to prefer Debian based distros, but I love Slackware when I am in the mood to tinker and really understand how everything works. Over the years I have used many, started with Mandrake (now Mandriva), RedHat, Suse, and they are all a little different. Keeps me from getting bored :D Which do you prefer?
Started on Red Hat, then tried Debian after that. I've tried Slackware, and I like having that much control, but anymore, I just don't feel like being an admin on my home PC anymore. Too much work.

Now I'm using Ubuntu because it's user-friendly (which my girlfriend likes) and well supported and for the most part I don't have to think too hard. It has its frustrating aspects, but overall it's workable.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Welcome to the 4M.
I'll be out on the porch smoking a butt. Let me know when you start talking about bikes. :D
Apologies, Strat. I'll keep my geek flag at half-mast from now on.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I had to google all of that to figure out what the heck y'all were taking about. You know I'm just a simple southern boy. I'll be with Strat on the porch.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had to google all of that to figure out what the heck y'all were taking about. You know I'm just a simple southern boy. I'll be with Strat on the porch.
LOL ok enough geek speak :D The last time I bought a new bike was my 1987 RZ350 :rolleyes: Here's a couple pics. Now... where to start customizing :cool:

·
Registered
621 Posts
LOL ok enough geek speak :D The last time I bought a new bike was my 1987 RZ350 :rolleyes: Here's a couple pics. Now... where to start customizing :cool:
Start by customizing that odometer. Having a "1" on there is cool at first, but you want to get that number higher in a hurry.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts