Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I only have 1 decent picture of it so far. There is definitely alot of engine. My previous bike was a 2003 Honda cbr600f4i. Alot of fun but now with a family and a wife that wants to go for rides this is way better. And it still has alot of power. I love the way it sits and the handlebars height and width makes it feel beefy.

Attachments

·
2,371 Posts
Hey Russ. Welcome from Atlantic Canada. Beautiful bike and from what I hear about them you're going to love it. I recently went to a bigger bike from my 1100 and it does take some getting used to but now I love it. My upgrade wasn't as big as yours though. Take some time to get to know how it handles, especially braking and low speed maneuvers. And if you have any problems or questions, we're here to help.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
you cannot say "just" and Roadliner in the same sentence

I got a freaking ROADLINER BABY!

^thats more like it

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcomes. I'm from south of Winterpeg, MB. Not sure how to put the location in the avatar.
Good call KCW I got a freaking ROADLINER. It's awesome!! So much power. Ya the low speed maneuvers are different compared to the sport bike. Putting your feet out in front of you when stopping compared to straight down is something to get used to.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Welcome. I like the feet out in front a lot to do with a 36" inseam. I just Down sized from a VTX1800 to a 1100 classic. I just wasted 105 hp. I am a cruiser not a speeder. Heck i never had the vtx over 75 in the 10 years i owned it. But that was in 3rd gear getting on the freeway.
Lots of nice people and a lot of knowledge here. Stop by often.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,074 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Welcome from Pensacola , Florida. You are going to love it, I have the Stratoliner, same engine, it is a great ride. I have the Ultimate seats on mine , a lot better then the stock seats.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the welcomes. I am really Lovin the bike. My wife says I need a new passenger seat for her. I was looking at the Ultimate seats for the both of us. They look very comfortable. But I'm not sure if they will work with the drivers backrest I currently have on the bike.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have the Ultimate front and Back with both back rests, the driver's back rest is easily removable , as for using your existing back rest I don't think it will work. I am not really sure it works with any of the custom seats.
I do highly recommend the Ultimate, I have been riding a long time(53 yrs) and it is the most comfortable I have ever had.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the Ultimate front and Back with both back rests, the driver's back rest is easily removable , as for using your existing back rest I don't think it will work. I am not really sure it works with any of the custom seats.
I do highly recommend the Ultimate, I have been riding a long time(53 yrs) and it is the most comfortable I have ever had.
Agree on the Ultimate

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Had a 3 hour ride yesterday and the factory seat wasn't to bad but definitely gonna save some pennies over the winter for the whole ultimate pkg. Also ended up finding a Bell Rogue helmet used in my area and put my sena smh5-fm on it. Ears get a bit squishy with the speakers in. But overall great helmet.

·
Registered
200 Posts
$900 for the full Ultimate setup though. Yowza.. Also been thinking of how to get that onto my 1100 Classic.

Welcome from Ottawa. I also came from sportbikes. Lovin' cruisin' these days now and rarely missing the high speed cornering. It does still spook me when i scrape a peg on this cruiser though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts