Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, My name's Levi
I'm new to the cruiser world, all my experience has been with sport bikes.
I really notice the comfort that comes with cruisers.

Anyways, Just wanted to say "hey"

I'm sure I'll be on here when/if something goes wrong on the bike!

Info on my bike, Its a black 2009 Vstar 950, with 856 miles on it at purchase. I looked it over well, stock bars and ends, no scuffs. It has never been dropped. The paint and every thing about the bike is perfect. I already took the chrome off the tank!

There was a Exhaust mod done to it (previous owner). Getting a few decel pops. I think I will reset the ECU to try and help it.

Any helpful tips about the bike are appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
6,420 Posts
Hi Levi, welcome to the forum and from a fellow 950 owner. We love pics here so please share some pics with us. Ride safely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
989 Posts
Welcome from NC! Please, share pics as Keith said.

As far as decel pops it is normal to hear occasional pops on decel. Aftermarket exhaust will make them more audible due to less restrictive baffles (stock exhaust will silent popping, but it is still there). Not sure that "resetting" ECU will do anything, you need to re-flash it and upload new fuel map/ignition timing/etc. but that is normally required if you modified both air intake AND exhaust.

Or you can add fuel controller, but I'd recommend checking out Ivan's performance. Ivan does an incredible job on re-mapping stock ECUs to unleash all of your bike potential and fix a lot of issues with stock maps (not just lean condition).

Ivan's Performance Products

·
2,534 Posts
Welcome from Maritime Canada, Levi. Only 856 miles - that's barely broken in. As the others have said, love to see a pic.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,536 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. I made the change several years ago from a sport bike to my Vstar. Best move I've made in several years. Ride often and safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts