Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Very nice for being on a budget! I am looking to add a Memphis Shades batwing to my 950 this year, and maybe next year I'll get the hard color matched bags. I'm just looking to upgrade in baby steps. I'm on a major budget at well! Ha!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice... there are alot of faring options to choose from... wish i had known i would of gone with a full on custom one... for about the same price...

08 vstar custom with
stealth faring
4x 5.25 pioneer 3 ways
2 x (6x9) 3 ways in the bags
pioneer headunit
daymaker led
gangster front fender
highway pegs
crash/engine bar
relocated turn signals
curbslammer rear fender
j and p cycles tail light assembly
roadking 5in streched hard bags
cobra longshots extended 13in
(one baffle removed)
custom pegs, mirrors,
shifter, brake pedals

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
I'm with my fellow 950 owner, YamaMassgirl in welcoming you to the forum BA. Great intro and great looking bike. Fairing looks great along with the bags, and you're right, are they ever really done? Ride safely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice for being on a budget! I am looking to add a Memphis Shades batwing to my 950 this year, and maybe next year I'll get the hard color matched bags. I'm just looking to upgrade in baby steps. I'm on a major budget at well! Ha!
This was a very slow build took 1.5 years... still need bars/cables.... and then next "winter" (in cali, so the short rainy season) i wanna hit the engine with a bunch of upgrades...

08 vstar custom with
stealth faring
4x 5.25 pioneer 3 ways
2 x (6x9) 3 ways in the bags
pioneer headunit
daymaker led
gangster front fender
highway pegs
crash/engine bar
relocated turn signals
curbslammer rear fender
j and p cycles tail light assembly
roadking 5in streched hard bags
cobra longshots extended 13in
(one baffle removed)
custom pegs, mirrors,
shifter, brake pedals

·
Registered
38 Posts
Good looking bike. If you don't mind, how'd you run the power for and memory for your stereo? Mines all mounted up just trying figure out the easiest and best way to do it. Also if you ride 2 up does the passenger have any issues reaching their pegs with those bags on it?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good looking bike. If you don't mind, how'd you run the power for and memory for your stereo? Mines all mounted up just trying figure out the easiest and best way to do it. Also if you ride 2 up does the passenger have any issues reaching their pegs with those bags on it?
Power is run to the headlight fuse... you can directly tap into the wire if youd like... at first i had just directly to the battery and would remove the face when not riding as to avoid a drain... and as for the bags... i got the passenger peg extensions... theyre like 40 or 50 $$ and they shoot the back pegs forward a good 3-4 inches... just enough room for my old lady to sit comfortably... thinking i might get her some mini floorboards tho just so she has more foot positioning options...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Power is run to the headlight fuse... you can directly tap into the wire if youd like... at first i had just directly to the battery and would remove the face when not riding as to avoid a drain... and as for the bags... i got the passenger peg extensions... theyre like 40 or 50 $$ and they shoot the back pegs forward a good 3-4 inches... just enough room for my old lady to sit comfortably... thinking i might get her some mini floorboards tho just so she has more foot positioning options...

Good idea on the fuse, I was lookin to tap into the wire but i like that idea better. I didn't realize they made extenders for the passenger. The new bags i have there is no way she can sit comfortably. Thanks for the quick reply.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good idea on the fuse, I was lookin to tap into the wire but i like that idea better. I didn't realize they made extenders for the passenger. The new bags i have there is no way she can sit comfortably. Thanks for the quick reply.
You got it bro... this is the kit i used... bolts right on... maybe 5 mins... good soild quality... and you will use all the hardware.. (no extra parts)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And i dont recall i even looked to see if one side was powered or not... just went with it and it worked... try both... worst case you blow some fuses...

·
Registered
92 Posts
You've done literally just about everything I wanna do to my 1100 down to the white walls, very nice! Question: I was going to get the Tsukayu Patrol Bags (like Harley bags) but how much did you spend on those stretched ones? I'm about to go thru your long upgrade list looking up how much everything costs, because I also wanna know how much you spent for that fairing (I was going with Tsukayu for that also) but open to other options. I just really want a double din nav stereo. It looks like there's a lot of extra space around your single din... Is that space open the same way inside the fairing so maybe the hole could be opened up more?? One more question (for now) I saw on another post you got the profiler seat (also something I'm getting) did it ever "break in"?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I got the 5 in streched bags off ebay... think like $450ish or so... priced them by the piece, (bags, speaker lids, and hardware and it came out to be more than if i went with a pre built set).... i used some universal brackets and just had to drill some holes in the bags to mount where i wanted... tho you do need really long exhaust cuz the bags sit right on it so you have to wrap it and use heat reflective tape to disapate the heat... had it with "stock" lenght cobras and after like a 30min ride started to melt the bags... (abs plastic not glass)... so i had to extend my pipes 13 inches... (a lil deeper sound from the pipes... not as tingy)....

Faring is a stealth faring with a memphis mount modified... and yeah there is a bunch of room for a double din... bout to take the sony 2din out my truck and put on my bike... (drive it once a week for streetsweeping) so yeah super do-able... alot of options for speaker config... i went with the 4x5.25 in the faring... they have 6x9 and 6.5's too...

And as for the seat... smh... i put on the seat and rode to work 2ice and then my starter clutch weny out... i have maybe,maybe 10 miles on it.... get it back on the 2nd... can't wait...been three weeks already

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You've done literally just about everything I wanna do to my 1100 down to the white walls, very nice! Question: I was going to get the Tsukayu Patrol Bags (like Harley bags) but how much did you spend on those stretched ones? I'm about to go thru your long upgrade list looking up how much everything costs, because I also wanna know how much you spent for that fairing (I was going with Tsukayu for that also) but open to other options. I just really want a double din nav stereo. It looks like there's a lot of extra space around your single din... Is that space open the same way inside the fairing so maybe the hole could be opened up more?? One more question (for now) I saw on another post you got the profiler seat (also something I'm getting) did it ever "break in"?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

The 13inch extension

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
J... if you have any more questions... ill be happy to help

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

And i didnt use these but somthing real similar.....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts