Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Yamaha VStar 1300 XVS
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new to the forum as well as a new rider. Just purchased a standard 2008 Yamaha VStar 1300 XVS and I LOVE MY BIKE!! I added the saddle bags, passenger backrest with sissy bar & luggage rack as well as temporary windshield and new tires.
I am having the hardest time finding after market windshield hardware and the metal straps to attach an after market windshield I purchased. If you have any suggestions where I can purchase parts or are selling them, please let me know. Thanks in advance 😊

·
Premium Member
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
2,067 Posts
Hello @Katy and welcome from Virginia.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Hello and welcome from New York. Beautiful bike. Visit often and enjoy snooping around.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Welcome from Columbus, OH! Lots of good info here. Snoop around and enjoy!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Welcome!
Lots of good info in this forum!

Question... Is your rear tire on correctly? That picture makes it look off kilter.

Ride smart. Ride often!

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin. Your best bet will be to get mounts from the windshield manufacturer. I also agree with the bags mounted wrong.

·
Registered
2008 Yamaha VStar 1300 XVS
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome!
Lots.of good info in this forum!

Question... Is your rear tire on correctly? That picture makes it look off kilter.

Ride smart. Ride often!
I think the way I took the pic makes it appear that way...I have rode my bike over 300 miles since having them installed and it rides well.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
It's the yellow ink line from it being a new tire

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
11,088 Posts
Welcome from Houston Texas. Nice looking bike. Here's a few interesting threads to check out when you get a chance.

Go to last page for current hunt

Ride often and safe.

·
Super Moderator
3,625 Posts
Welcome from Sacramento, Ca.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have a 2015 XVS1300 CT., but, viewing your pic of your rear tire, I would suggest that you double-check the directional arrow on your tire's sidewall to ensure it was mounted correctly. The person mounting it may have confused it w/a Harley-it just doesn't look right.

·
Premium Member
2003 650 V Star Classic
24 Posts
Welcome Katy from Western Kentucky. Nice looking bike! As you can tell already, the folks on here are very observant and ready to help you out pulling on their vast knowledge and years of experience. Visit often!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts