Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

New to the forum...

1K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  Firbs 
#1 ·
I’m new to the forum as well as a new rider. Just purchased a standard 2008 Yamaha VStar 1300 XVS and I LOVE MY BIKE!! I added the saddle bags, passenger backrest with sissy bar & luggage rack as well as temporary windshield and new tires.
I am having the hardest time finding after market windshield hardware and the metal straps to attach an after market windshield I purchased. If you have any suggestions where I can purchase parts or are selling them, please let me know. Thanks in advance 😊

See less See more
#16 ·
Welcome from Houston Texas. Nice looking bike. Here's a few interesting threads to check out when you get a chance.

Go to last page for current hunt

Ride often and safe.

#18 ·
I have a 2015 XVS1300 CT., but, viewing your pic of your rear tire, I would suggest that you double-check the directional arrow on your tire's sidewall to ensure it was mounted correctly. The person mounting it may have confused it w/a Harley-it just doesn't look right.

#20 ·
Hi Katy! and welcome from SW FLA! Along with the others, I agree, Nice Bike! Nice choice! Am curious to what tires those are and since I see it's a post from some months now, how do you like them? And also, hope you found what you want in windshield in Memphis shades, I still have original Silverado, but have heard great things about Memphis from all riders who've owned them.
Cheers! Well done! Ride safe!
PS definitely swap your bags to the other side , they are for sure opposite, it will help from the leather getting lifted upwards and rain :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.