Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
08 Yamaha road star xv1700
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How’s it going? I’m new to all this just got back on the iron horse recently since back in the mid to early 90’s and I’m loving it. I had forgotten how much fun I had. I just moved to Las Vegas NV last year. I’ve been here many times for work and gambling play but since I’ve moved here and bought me a 08 roadstar xv1700 to ride back and forth to work, I’m loving it even more. There’s many guys at work who ride Harley and we get together every know and then and go riding. It’s nice to be riding with a nice group of buddy's. It’s quite the stress relief when I feel the wind in my face and the roar of the bikes as we all ride off together.

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Bandera, Texas
2001 VS1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD EG(totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 and 2019 HD Freewheeler (current)
14,496 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Hill Country. Ride often and safe.

·
Premium Member
2008 Yamaha Road Star Silverado (Gray, hard bags, etc.)
1,294 Posts
Welcome from Iowa from another Roady rider. Your story sounds similar to mine. Grew up riding bikes. Sold my bike in the early 90's when there just wasn't time to ride with babies and a house. About 5 years ago I decided I wanted to ride again and pick up a gray '08. This might be the last bike I own. I live the way it rides, it's style, and just everything about it. I have a few friends with bikes as well but our schedules never seem to align so I do a lot of solo riding. But just being out in the wind is so stress relieving. Ride safe and often! 🍻

·
Super Moderator
5,263 Posts
WElcome from Sacarmento, Ca. We would love to see pics of your bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How’s it going? I’m new to all this just got back on the iron horse recently since back in the mid to early 90’s and I’m loving it. I had forgotten how much fun I had. I just moved to Las Vegas NV last year. I’ve been here many times for work and gambling play but since I’ve moved here and bought me a 08 roadstar xv1700 to ride back and forth to work, I’m loving it even more. There’s many guys at work who ride Harley and we get together every know and then and go riding. It’s nice to be riding with a nice group of buddy's. It’s quite the stress relief when I feel the wind in my face and the roar of the bikes as we all ride off together.
Wheel Tire Plant Land vehicle Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Plant Fuel tank

"How is that stratoliner?"
My dream bike.
I’m looking at that for my next bike. That stratoliner just has such beautiful lines. It really is a sharp looking bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts