Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

My name is Matt, and I ride an 09 Vstar 650 custom from Toronto Canada.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Well Poet, you have one thing in common with the rest of us...you're MAD!

No this kind of mad

but this kind of mad

Welcome to the asylum...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Her is my ride before i crashed yesterday. I will not post the after pictures because it just hurts :(

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, welcome anyway. At least you're well enough to post; bikes can be repaired or replaced...:)
Yeah, I know I was thankful the moment I stood up in the middle of the freeway.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:eek:
I'm a coward; I think I would have held off on the gratitude until I safely made the shoulder...:eek:
LOL, I am just glad no one paved me over or crushed my bike :). The old lady behind me almost had a heart attack seeing me go down, me on the other hand I did not get to see anything.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi Madpoet
Welcome to the forum, hope it don't take to much to get your bike back up to scratch and out on the road.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Soon to be...

Posted Today, 05:10 PM
Soon to be proud owner of a new V-Star 950 Tourer bike. I have an opportunity to purchase a "new" 2009 model. I have been told that the 2009 is the same as the 2011 model. Is this true? Thanks and looking foward to being a new member.

Sorry to post this as a reply. Was trying to start a new thread. Do I need to be a premium member to do that?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Glad you're ok. Is it repairable? Where'd you lay it down?
Yeah, definitely repairable, all I need is a shift pedal and a peg (under $50 for both) to get back on the road, but it will be nice if I replace the handle bar and can find a bodyshop that would repair the gas tank (replacement is $800)

It is an opportunity to get mechanically acquainted with my bike :).

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty (Winston Churchill)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome madpoet

I and I believe some of the old goats on this forum, have been in your situation. Pain sucks.:eek: Lookin at a banged up bike doubles the pain.:( I thank the Heavens you are alright. Bike parts can be replaced, repainted, repaired. Human parts are for a lifetime. Bless ya brother.:)
Ride often, ride safe but just ride.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts