Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats Up everyone? Im Rob Just bought a 2006 V star 1100 from a coworker and already the bike has issues, only 12k on the engine. The bike wont accelerateover 55mph without booging out. pulled the air cleaner it is clean. But i did find oil in my breather box and front carb. Yikes not good. Anyone know what might be happening?????

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welcome! Doesn't sound like anything too bad. Just needs some adjustments, more than likely the carbs need it, maybe the oil was over filled.
I'm not a tech or anything but from what I've learned on this site I'm sure you'll get it worked out.
Some guys on here really know their stuff. Someone will nail it down for ya. Good luck, enjoy.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Welcome Human,(you will find a few of those once in awhile here;))
Like Taboo, I am no super tech, just good nuff to keep my stuff runnin and on the road. The part about "oil in the front carb" :eek::rolleyes: never heard of that one! The part about oil in the breather box, I do not over fill, but have that at each service job, I wipe it out and continue on:)

Just me, but I think maybe on rapid decel one may be suckin a bit of oil, not an issue, as far as I am concerned:cool:

The tech boys maybe can help on the boggin, carbs would be a dandy place to start.

(post your ? under the vstar forum, bet you get some answers)

·
Registered
545 Posts
And your co-worker? Remember, too shallow a grave is what gets most people caught.......

Good luck, and welcome to the forum.

·
Administrator
13,713 Posts

·
Administrator
13,713 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard.The carbs seem to be a biggest issues on the 1100.Has the bike sat for a long time? If so I would start by cleaning out the carbs.Give us a little more detail about the bikes history.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Welcome to the 4M.
There is a member on here, Jarhead1100 who spent all summer with a similar problem. I'm sure he'll chime in here, or send him a PM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts