Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Tiffany I'm new on here I have a question this is my 2nd bike and today when I went to do oil change I notice red fluid on my front tire on the rim it was all over the brake pad and caliper. Where would it come from and what can I do

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, 1982 XS650 Heritage Special
3,212 Posts
Hello @tiffygodina and welcome from Virginia. The red fluid may be brake fluid. Check your level and then trace from the noticeable fluid up till you find the probable location of the leak. That will determine what needs to be replaced. Show us a few pictures of the area from the tire and brakes on up. Good luck

·
Registered
2009 650 classic white
432 Posts
Also check if it is above the brake on the fork, It could be a leaky fork seal. Run your finger on the back side of the fork slider and see if it's oily.

Reactions: SkinnyFats13

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome. You can find out if it's the fork seals by getting on your bike and pressing your hand brake. Make the bike go up and down by pulling up and pushing down on the handle bars. You'll be able to see the leak on the forks which are your shock absorbers.for the front tire. Google leaky fork seals. I think that's your problem.. good luck!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome. You can find out if it's the fork seals by getting on your bike and pressing your hand brake. Make the bike go up and down by pulling up and pushing down on the handle bars. You'll be able to see the leak on the forks which are your shock absorbers.for the front tire. Google leaky fork seals. I think that's your problem.. good luck!!!
Thank you all very much turns out to be my fork seals

1 - 10 of 10 Posts