Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saying a quick Hi to the board. Im a new rider and currently looking into getting a vstar 650 as my first bike. I was originally looking at the shadow phantoms but they were too $$ for a first bike. Im on the forum to learn as much as I can about the bike and the motorcycle world in general. Im a complete 1st time rider in every sense of the word. Thanks!!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Well first off welcome to the forum and the riding world.
Now for a few rules
1. Send me the money to pick your first bike out for your
2. Bar tabs are on you until another newbie shows up
3. Since m the first to reply you get to by me a fairing :)

Okay now back to being serious.

Why did you decide on the 650 ?
You looking to bye used or brand new ?

Safety course
Safety training
Practice
More practice
Parking lot practice

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had my heart set on phantoms but I was advised that the 5,000 to 6,000 on a first bike wasn't a good idea since Ill probably want a bigger bike by next season anyway. The 650 looked like a good first cruiser and the price was right. I really want to modify it little by little to and make it my own.

Im going to buy used. Be looking over craigslist and cycletrader.

My safety course is all day monday and tuesday. Cant wait to get started.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Not that it matters but... I bought my 950 brand new/leftover for $6k. It's been 2 years and I've only thought about an upgrade once or twice. Spend what u feel comfortable but consider what you're REALLY trying to get out of the purchase. There's a GOOD chance that you'll be riding it for a long long time so why not get the one u really want?

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Boob has a good point. Why spend your hard earned cash on a bike that you'll probably swap out for a bigger ride soon enough. All you have to do if you decide on a bigger bike is to take it easy at first.

Let us know what you got and post a pic or two of it.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts