1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
hey I'm scott 46
Live in Oregon
2000 V-star 1100
Leather bags and led lighting all around
Mainly looking for guide for rebuilding and syncing the carbs
And perhaps a swap meet site im looking for the trailer hitch or detailed pics with measurement to fabricate one for myself

Registered
2001 Yamaha XVS650 Dragstar Classic and 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
Welcome to us 馃槑 Cannot offer much regarding your questions, but I am sure others will chime in.

Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
Hello Scott and welcome from Virginia. Good luck with your search and let's see a picture of the bike.

Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
Nice, gives it the ghoulish / Halloween look.

Registered
Welcome from Columbus, OH! I am sure if you type the issue you are having with your bike in the search bar up top you will get many hits if the subject has been brought up in the past. It is a great resource. The good news is there are many 1100 riders on here who can assist with this issue. One of the things I have picked up on by reading some of their posts is to be careful when starting your bike and twisting the throttle. Just use the choke/ en richer...I may be wrong in my terminology but when reading through the previous posts on this subject...well lets just say... Stuff breaks when that happens...Good Luck finding or fabricating the parts you are looking for!

Super Moderator
Welcome from East Tennessee!
Great looking bike and I love the green lighting. Redbird58 is correct, one of our many 1100 members will chime in shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
Welcome from Houston Texas. Glad you joined us. If this is your first 1100 here's a must read:

Here's a few intesting threads to check out when you get a chance

Go to last page for current hunt

Ride often and safe.

Registered
Welcome from Pensacola, Florida.
Biggest tip, DO NOT use any throttle on that engine until after it starts. The 1100 is a fantastic bike, but it will break the starter clutch gear if you use throttle when starting, it throws it off sinc and kicks back.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
I never knew not to use throttle
Is this due to the 1 way starter clutch thingy?
Also thanks for the warm welcome
A little more on my bike
I purchased from a local school auto shop it was a donation for the students to learn from
The starter lagged badly at 1st
I did a new battery and cleaned all the contacts then new starter 3 oilchanges 1st year with genuine yamalube and filters
Its definitively better but not gone
It has slip ons but I dont believe carb rejeting was ever done
I plan on the airbox pods mod and clean and rejet the carbs this winter the AIS pump is removed and bypassed soni plan on the tube going as well

Again thanks for the great welcome

Registered
Welcome from Wisconsin, i have an 01 1100 classic myself. What happens when you use the throttle to start the TPS changes the timing as if it was running and will kick the motor backwards and ruin the one way starter clutch which is pricey to replace. If you need more info just ask. People around here know pretty much everything about these bikes. You can tell if it kicked backwards if the starter bolts are twisted.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Tps? Throttle position sensor?
Isn't that for fuel Injection
Man I've alot to learn!

The Vstar line has a TPS on their carbed bikes. It sends signal to ignition module to advance timing based on throttle opening.

Reactions: faffi

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
Cool thanks
I've dl the owners a d shop repair books
I'll be reading up this evening

Reactions: faffi

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum. I had a 2000 1100 and it was a great bike. The guy I sold it to is putting more miles on it than I did and it still hasn't let him down. As you've seen, the people here are knowledgeable and helpful. There are lots of threads and links for rebuilding and syncing the carbs and if you can't find what you're looking for just ask.

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
Ok different issue
I have what I think are generic aftermarket slip on
Had a rattle took out baffel/ insert from
Upper pipe its rotted through at about 4 inches from front of bike about 2.75 inches of rot
The rest seems ok
The question can i shorten the baffel .... i would do the other as well for Balence
Bad idea or ok in your opinions

1 - 20 of 25 Posts