Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my name is John and I just recently purchased my first cruiser. I have always had sports bikes and decided this time I was going to try something that was less likely to add more points to my license. lol. Anyways, I have absolutely become consumed by it. I love it. Its a 1999 650 Classic. I picked it up with only 7500 miles on it for just $1,500. A hell of a deal in my opinion. I absolutely love the bike, however I would like to start "customizing" it and am not sure where to begin to look for ideas or products. If anyone out there has any ideas or hints or help it would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well welcome to the cruiser world! We lead a pretty relaxed and comfortable lifestyle here on the boards. :) Congrats on cutting down the number of points put on your drivers license. I'm sure that will save you money in the long run. Now you get to sit back and enjoy the days as they pass at a leisurely speed.

Welcome again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for the welcome, and yes it is alot more enjoyable of a ride. i have another question. today someone told me that my bike is actually called a wildstar is that true, and if not what exactly is the difference. thanks for any imput.

·
Administrator
15,486 Posts
as far as i know, the wildstar back then is what the roadstar is today. your bike definitely ain't a wildstar since you're missing about 1000cc's. but congrats on a helluva deal.

suggestions on customizing? i would recommend just staring at your bike in your driveway/garage and envisioning what you would like it to look like or perform like. do you care more about performance or looks? once you can answer that, then you know your starting point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts