Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

New to Yamaha from KY

Tags
1K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  dmil123 
#1 ·

Hi from beautiful central Kentucky. Apologies if I'm doing this wrong. I hope this forum is still active. I'm new to the vstar world, having had Vulcans since 2008, but I got a great deal on this 2012 950 last year. I've started to do some minor meds, but plan to replace the seat and do something about the wind flow. Fairing maybe, so suggestions are welcome. After that, I'll be making cosmetic changes. That tank emblem and striping is not my style at all.

See less See more
#4 ·
First thing I did to my bike was de-badge it

the only logo I could not remove was the tuning forks molded into the floor boards

I also debadge my clothes, and my cars... because if Im going to put someone's name on MY stuff, I will put what I want on it

Vstar 950 is a highly reliable bike - you can put a standard windshield and fork deflectors on it if you want to ride at interstate speeds, or get a bat wing - better airflow with the batwing

Reactions: Keith Post
#5 ·
Welcome from Pensacola , Florida
Welcome to the world of Star Bikes, you will enjoy it , more reliable and easy to maintain, if you get stuck on anything feel free to ask.

#7 ·
Welcome from Houston Texas. Glad you joined us. Good looking bike. Here's a few interesting threads to check out when you get a chance.

Go to last page for current hunt :

Ride often and safe.

#8 ·
Welcome from Indiana! Great looking bike you have got there. This forum is full of a great bunch of people who are very knowledgeable.

#9 ·
Welcome from East Tennessee, just a bit south of you. My sister lives in Louisville. Nice intro and you included a pic, impressive. We’re very active here and love our Vstars.
Wife and I each have 950’s, done several mods on each of them, and loved the fairing I put in mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.