Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Checking in, Funny thing happened when I went to get my antifreeze checked on my Honda VLX 600. they said it was low and needed to be replaced. So, I just replaced the whole bike, got a 2009 non current never ridden VStar 1300. Trying to break it in before it gets too cold. As I spend more time on the Bike I'll have more to report. Later.....

·
Registered
116 Posts
Man Springer, you didn't give me a single beefcake when you greeted me as a new member. I feel cheated.

Welcome from Arlington VA, and hope to see you on the road soon, as I'm also determined to ride through the cold.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Man Springer, you didn't give me a single beefcake when you greeted me as a new member. I feel cheated.

:eek:

I'm sorry, but Stratowart didn't give me permission to use his latest portrait until tonight:

There you go...:)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard.PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES where are they? I thought there was a new forum rule about posting a pic of your scoot upon introduction lol.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Welcome aboard.PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES where are they? I thought there was a new forum rule about posting a pic of your scoot upon introduction lol.
Oh forgot about The: if ya ain't got a picture it didn't happen rule.

First is my Honda VLX 600 it was a 2006 model and pretty much bullet proof.
Second and third pictures my 1300.
I've added fairing and bags. Cruised it a little today in the 40 degree sunshine.

I am having no issues going from the smaller, lighter 600 to the bigger 1300. Motor is over twice the size and the Bike is 200 plus pounds heavier, but it handles as well in traffic as the Honda ever did. On the faster roads there is no comparison, the 1300 wins hands down. The bike just isn't to large and it isn't to small, like
Goldilocks it's just right; for me anyway!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Great lookn scoots.Arn't you glad you through your leg over a star.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts