Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Congrats.

If that included tax, title, plates, etc., that is an amazing price. This past fall, I got a price quote of $3500 for a new 250 with 7 miles on the clock. The bottom line was just over $3800 with tax, etc. figured in. I thought that was a great price.

@ 6'2" and 220lb., I looked around for something bigger and found my 650 customized to the butt with 1485 miles on the clock for three grand in October. They say gas may get to almost $5.00/gal in some metro areas by Memorial Day, so having a 250 in your arsenal may be a big plus.

I don't think you can go wrong with Yamaha. I've been impressed with them since the late 70's.

It's now 1:12 Eastern. I hope you're taking pictures of all your bikes and are minutes away from posting those pictures here.

I can already hear these guys opening the rule book to the section about noob intros with no pictures.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard congrats on the new bike.You will get a million mile per gallon with that bike.Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Welcome to the 4M Mail Man. Should I apologize to you about my dog?? He's really a sweet dog that just happens to like thigh meat. :D

·
Administrator
13,683 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Nice.

I saw that you had a new avatar and was just about to ask if you'd post a full-size version!

Since you've got a lot of the mods done, I'm guessing that you've changed the sprockets out. What did you end up with as far as top speed and mpg?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts