Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay, new here, I just acquired a 2009 650 Classic that runs like garbage. I have found a treasure of advice on here and I'm going to play with Carbs the rest of winter. The bike had sat up for around a year and had REAL BAD gas in it. Cleaned it up and used Sea Foam and got it "running"? more or less. Carb clean and new jets (thanks for the advice about wasting $ on kits), so hope it'll work. It is a real sharp bike. And being 74 it fits me and isn't too heavy!

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
8,653 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Glad you joined us. New to riding or a new to you bike? I posted a Carb jetting size chart on your other thread. Here's a good resource for the 650 if you haven't found it already.

Here's a few interesting threads to check out when you get a chance.

Go to last page for current hunt :

Ride often and safe.

·
Super Moderator
3,740 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. You've got yourself one of the most reliable bikes out there and even though it's not running well right now, you'll have it up and running by spring and if you need any help, you'll find answers here. Love to see a pic when you can.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Welcome From IL. Had a 650 midnight prior to the bike I have now. It was a great bike. I'd start with the cheap stuff. Clean carbs, plugs, good oil, and gear oil. That's the first things I did to mine after the guy that had it never rode it. I wish I would have held onto this bike & made it my commuter. It only had 4,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Welcome from Columbus, OH! As you discovered there is a ton of info here along with many who are willing to share their abilities and knowledge. Good luck with your project!

·
Super Moderator
7,395 Posts
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee!
Glad to have you, and ditto on a pic of your bike. Please keep us updated on your progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts