Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the Star cruiser line is all about V Twins, or V Quads and all about the HD Clone, just like all the other V Twin companies.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Well the Star cruiser line is all about V Twins, or V Quads and all about the HD Clone, just like all the other V Twin companies.
I'm afraid you will be correct. I have no interest in the V because I live in Florida and the HEAT is unbearable, not to mention I've gotten used to the flat 6 of the Goldwing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've been riding since 1982 and didn't get my first Vtwin till last year. I seriously have the Vtwin bug now. I love the sound, torque, feel, and just the whole vibe of it.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've been riding since 1982 and didn't get my first Vtwin till last year. I seriously have the Vtwin bug now. I love the sound, torque, feel, and just the whole vibe of it.
Yep that's the reason V Twins are still made. As an engine, they are very inefficient and outdated. But the sounds and rumble and styling is what attracts riders to them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yep that's the reason V Twins are still made. As an engine, they are very inefficient and outdated. But the sounds and rumble and styling is what attracts riders to them.
Not sure about inefficient. My Bolt gets 50mpg and can do a quarter mile in sub 13 seconds. It's not my CBR 929RR in speed, but that bike was 38mpg or so. Granted it's not a super high performance engine, but I can wrench it myself. No shim under bucket valve adjustments that would cause me to take it to the dealer. That's pretty much a deal breaker for me. It's not unheard of for mechanics to do a "paper job". They write it up like they did it, but they didn't.
I get what you're saying though. Not real high performance. Not high tech at all. That's fine with me. :smile:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Spy pic. Looks like a v twin... not for me.

I think we have a winner, check out this pic from Yamaha's Facebook page (the Mosaic with the rear of the bike) Then check out the "spy" pics, same bike. Looks like a Gold V Star Wing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
A V4 would be a great motor for a bike like this. Does not have to be high revving, can get good power with decent fuel economy and look like a v-twin from each side :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
As long as it looks good, sounds good and rides good I am not too concerned with the exact layout of the motor.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts