Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's what an email says that I received From Yamaha. If it's a 720 pound or so bagger with the 113 engine I'm all over it.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yep a new touring model, its not the Venture.

Could be a re-freshed 1300 that has been talked about (ABS, fly by wire throttle, and others things) They did a pretty big campaign for the Venture over a couple of months. This is just days out, so my guess a re-freshed 1300 and not a new bike.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Venture = Dresser
Eluder = Bagger

pretty much the same moto sans some of the extras the Venture has.

i would like to see a 6-speed 1300ish version of the Eluder, something a little lighter and more "around town" friendly, yet big enough for 2-up riding and some extended trips once in awhile like i do with my '13 1300 Deluxe.

Star Venture = 957 lbs
Star Eluder = 877 lbs
Star 1300 Deluxe = 717 lbs

·
Registered
317 Posts
Well my thoughts. Big fail, nothing new but a stripped down Venture. If your going to spend 20k+ you might as well get the Venture Wing.

The name Eluder, that's pretty bad. They should name these bikes the Venture Deluxe and Venture Tourer because that is what they are.

The Eluder does not say bagger at all to me, is says buy something else's........

·
Registered
960 Posts
Well my thoughts. Big fail, nothing new but a stripped down Venture. If your going to spend 20k+ you might as well get the Venture Wing.

The name Eluder, that's pretty bad. They should name these bikes the Venture Deluxe and Venture Tourer because that is what they are.

The Eluder does not say bagger at all to me, is says buy something else's........
I have to agree, terrible name... So Venture was a copy of Electra Glide, now there is a copy of Street Glide...

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I agree on the name. It's even worse than Suzuki's Intruder.

·
Registered
960 Posts
So they wanted to be like the Honda Goldwing F6b. I am not a fan of it either.. lol
Looks like they want to be a Harley...with air-cooled V-twin and belt drive... Goldwings at least have different engine, final drive and overall style. IMO

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
2017 Harley-Davidson® FLHXS - Street Glide® Special
$29,987.00

This is about the closest to the Evader that I could think of with Harley. Of course this is a 2017. All the 2018 at the local HD dealer had "Click for quote" on them. So they are so expensive if you have to ask you can't afford them..lol.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
eVader !

is this a touring motorcycle

or a vehicle from the last star wars movie?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I like the looks, that fairing is the best of the industry, but I just made a jump from bare bones to a Silverado and am happy.
I can take off the stuff and transform it and still clamp on a gps and have no interest on a sound system to distract me.
All the best to Yamaha, but I get enough derision and insults without spending so much money.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The weight of this bike concerns me. I've sat on 800 pound bikes before and they feel really heavy. Kind of the opposite of what I ride a bike for - the feeling of freedom. I may give this a try on a demo day anyway, but at this point the Harley Softail Herritage Classic is looking pretty good. 114 ci engine and lots of luggage space and it's in the low 700 pound range. I've ridden a 730 pound Raider and that felt nimble at that weight.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts