Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New V Star 1300 Tourer Windshield Plexi-Glass only, 21 inch, removed from new bike. Reduced to $70.00 Plus shipping. Packed and ready to ship.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
New V Star 1300 Tourer Windshield Plexi-Glass only, 21 inch, removed from new bike. Reduced to $70.00 Plus shipping. Packed and ready to ship.
I hate it when people always start asking "Will this fit on my...?", but, will this fit on my 950? :grin:

I have the impression, from looking at a couple of places that sell windshields, that the brackets are the same on the 950 as on the 1300. Any idea about that?

Anyone?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I bought the bike I knew that the windshield was too tall for me. I almost had them convinced to swap it with a shorter windshield on a 950 Tourer in the showroom but, the General Manager squashed the idea. The mounting holes are the same. They ordered a shorter one for me and I got it at cost. Augie

·
Registered
126 Posts
When I bought the bike I knew that the windshield was too tall for me. I almost had them convinced to swap it with a shorter windshield on a 950 Tourer in the showroom but, the General Manager squashed the idea. The mounting holes are the same. They ordered a shorter one for me and I got it at cost. Augie
I tried that too, lol. They had a 950T sitting next to mine. Said no can do on that swap! But yeah the mounting holes are the same. Had one of the guys get me a tape measure, just to be sure LOL. Of course now I am fairing shopping. So the tall windscreen won't be a problem for long.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Thanks guys, I feel confident now that if I do go for the taller w/s, the 1300's will work just fine.

You guys wanted to do the opposite of what I was thinking about, but my motivation is that my wife is getting a lot of wind up there behind me and I wondered if a taller w/s would help. I've also considered a batwing, I'm not sure if that would be more effective by routing wind around us, or if she would still be in the same situation.
@commonground , you are only about 2.5 hours from me...if I bought your w/s maybe I would just ride over and get it. If that was okay with you.

Suggestions are welcome...

·
Super Moderator
6,255 Posts
When I bought my 950t, it had the tall windshield and I hated the looks of it. I sold it and bought the M/S batwing fairing and love the looks of it and how the wind is redirected around me. Downside is that my wife says she gets a tad more wind buffeting with the fairing setup. I bought the clear 12" windshield that attaches to the top of the fairing and she's content with that. I'd dare say with the taller windshield, your wife will barely experience any serious buffeting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@commonground , you are only about 2.5 hours from me...if I bought your w/s maybe I would just ride over and get it. If that was okay with you.

Suggestions are welcome...
It's a short flight up to York Thomasville (KTHV) airport. I had a plane there for many years, in fact three different planes. Sold the last one just after 9-11.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
It's a short flight up to York Thomasville (KTHV) airport. I had a plane there for many years, in fact three different planes. Sold the last one just after 9-11.
OH we do have some 'common ground'! :grin:
Yes, I've heard they have a good restaurant there!
We'll have to talk planes sometime!

·
Banned
137 Posts
We had buffeting with our windshield and I tipped it back to line up with the forks better. I drilled a new hole 1/2" in from the original. The windshield bracket will not hit the tank in sharp turns. I used some smoke and could not believe the airflow over the bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am interested if still available?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts