Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I bought my 09 V Star 950 two weeks ago and absolutely love it! Its my first motorcycle, I had ATVs for a while but the places to ride them dried up here in good ol' NY so I sold them and decided it was time to buy a bike. I did a bunch of research, rode some and decided the 950 was the one for me. I'm taking my MSF Course in two weeks as it came highly recommended by many. I'm trying to be as safe as possible so I suppose it can't hurt-maybe I'll learn a thing or two. I look forward to sharing tips and suggestions. Happy Riding!

·
Registered
29 Posts
You're a brave guy for having a 950 for your first bike. Mine was a couple years ago when I bought a Shadow 750 but now considering moving up and I love the 950 V-Star Tourer. My local dealer also has some good prices on a 1300 but it seems like it might be too big for me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The way I looked at it, it wasn't that big of a bike, size and weight wise. Its got a low seat height and as long as I was respectful of the power; I'd be ok. Additionally, I wanted something that I didn't have to quickly trade up from.

I really think if you fit on the bike comfortably-not too heavy not too tall-and you can control impulses to your right hand ;~), you shouldn't have a problem with a bigger bike.

Happy shopping!
Ride safe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts