Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first street legal motorcycle a 2001 v-star 1100 custom. Grew up riding dirt bikes and finally was able to scrap some money together and buy a bike, and i'm sure glad i did. Just wanted to say hey, and let yall know there is a little pup on here looking for any advice or knowledge that can be found or offered.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum eh. First bit of advice. Get your ridin in right now cause us northerners are sending you a nice polar vortex by the end of the week, might even include some snow in there. We just like to share stuff that way eh :). The 1100 is widely known as the permagrin machine and I'm sure you've already discovered this. You don't know this yet but you've won big points with some of members by starting off riding dirt bikes. Don't be shy to post pics of your bike, share stories and your famed deep fried ice cream recipe.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome and the generosity of the weather you are sending us. A few snowflakes are a big deal to us down here in Carolina if we get any. I enjoyed the 1100 the first day, but the first morning i tried to start it i had a lot of difficulties and it's got me a little concerned that i might have some problems that are going to cost me. I dont know about the deep fried ice cream, but we do have real BBQ, biscuits, and some health problems haha

·
Registered
890 Posts
Welcome to the forum from here in Northwest Illinois. Happy to have you join us and look forward to reading your posts and seeing pics of your bike. Great bunch of people here with knowledge and patience to help everyone with their rides. Post often and ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. Where in Carolina do you hail from? Corsair is our 1100 expert, so ask away. Hes right about the impending polar vortex. Already got out the heater for the garage, and have my 950t covered up for now. Like you, i started on dirt bikes back in the day, gave me the basics to start out with. Ride safe, post often, and like Corsair and OVSM said, we'd enjoy seeing some pics of your ride.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I go to school in Greenville, but home is Caldwell North Carolina. Caldwell is about twenty minutes north of hillsborough.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

This is a photo of my 1100. Has mustang seat, windshield, Harley davidson Saddle bags ( makes me laugh), and highway pegs. Also has some slip on exhaust but i think im going to replace them back to stock.

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
Nice ride! I asked about where in Carolina as i briefly lived in the Salisbury area. Ride safe, its cold and rainy here in north ms. That polar vortex is edging closer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts