Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so as the title says this is a teaser of the new paint gettin sprayed/airburshed on the Vbob by a buddy of mine. this is the only teaser i have so its all i have to share until friday which is the helmet which he had to get my approval on. I know its not everyones cup of tea but its mine :grin:

still needs clear

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Faux patina

Going for the petina look there?

Yea I like he look of patina and yea I know nothing is like the real thing but wanted to be a little different and my paint/airbrush guy was stoked to do it so why not lol :grin:

·
Super Moderator
6,414 Posts
I think it's cool which is why I was asking. Anxious to see how it looks with the clear on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hes laying paint on the body parts today and is shooting to clear tomorrow. i will post up as i get pics from him.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fine as a frog's hair split 30 ways. Looking good.. He did a great job. I love the tank looking like gas spill causing the patina down the side.
Thank you everyone I'm def happy with it now just to put the new wheel tire setup and body parts back on the bike lol, interested in any airbrush work shoot me a PM I will get you some info (very affordable)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I also swapped out my stock cast wheels 16" front and 15" rear to spoke 18" front and 15" rear all black with white walls and lowered the bike 3"s in rear and 1.5 in the front to make up the height difference to the new front tire. going to start reassembly tonight will try and post up pics tomorrow together.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
didnt get as much done last night as i hoped. had some dad stuff to do first. going to try and knock it out today when i get off work and try to hit bike week in OC tonight before leaving tomorrow for vacation but will snap some pics for you guys

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well here it is fellas/gals shes back together. so everything i did for the rebuild,
1. 16"/15" cast wheels removed and replaced with factory spoke wheels 18"/15"
2. some DIY white wall tires so far about 100 miles on them and look like they did when i sprayed them (will update every month)
3. SS customs POD kit w/ 152.5 mains
4. parts painted/airbrushed, Tank, side covers, rear fender (1300 front fender mod), bars, headlight, helmet
5. progressive front springs lowered 2" to make up for the extra height from the new front tire/wheel setup
sorry for poor pics will get better ones tomorrow before leaving for vacation

1 - 20 of 21 Posts